Sign in to follow this  

B757 CATIIIc approach (PICS)

Hello FLY! simmers,The PMDG forum is fairly quiet today, I suspect everybody is playing with their new toy. heheToday was my first real flight in the 757. KJFK to KSAT (San Antonio). I am a stick and rudder pilot myself in both real life and in FLY! I went ahead today and tried using the FMC in the B757 in this flight. I loaded the flight plan, assigned performance, departure procedure, climb, cruise, approach (STAR). Fantastic, it will take some reading and practice to understand the functionality and getting the procedures down. Here are some pics of my approach into KSAT, STAR into RWY 12L ILS. Environmental set-up was as follows:50 foot overcast ceiling with 2000 foot height, 1.25 mi vis, HEAVY rain and lightning, WIND 210 degrees 25 knots gusting to 40 knots!!!! :-eek :-eek heheThe pictures so the following: into the SOUP, breaking out at 250' AGL (DH 200'), TOUCHDOWN!! lol Obviously in REAL life this would have been a missed approach. Notice on the breaking out of the clouds, the rabit lights leading to the threshold. Also, I don't know if you can see it, on the Pilots main flight display Flare is in white (thus the flare is armed) so it is my FIRST fully automated TAXIWAY CATIIIc approach and landing.. heheh :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpyYours Truly,CB :-waveP.S. This one is for you MR. L.Adamson!!! :-beerchug

Hey, uh.... Dave?I don't see a localizer tuned there....I HOPE that taxiway you landed on was reinforced concrete....;-)Methinks you need to spend some time in the manual! :-lolRobert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I had the localizer tuned in on the center pedistal ILS box, between the two com.'s.. The VOR/DME tuner above the PDF says VOR/DME and the one on the center pedistal says ILS.. wrong assumtion i guess.. :(CB

I also dout the alt at the time was 29.92 :-lol nice pics :) Robert while iam in this post .I would like to ask, If the pmdg crew decides not to do the 767 will you be giving upgrade offers to those who purchased the 767 for FLY! for the 757 since it's really the same design on the inside ?I was just curious because i was thinking about getting the 757 but i have the 767 for FLY! so i have just been waiting to see if the 767 was going to happen or not Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

KSAT information Papa did report "altimeter 29.92", although I have never run across this in real life except passing through 18,000' msl in my dreams. Robert how does that feel in real life when you pass through 18K and have to set your altimeter to 29.92, knowing your with the Big boys now? heheCB

CB-It is a thrill the first time you do it.... but to be honest- I'm with "The Big Boys" all the time! ;-)It is nice to be able to climb aup above the "Little Boys" though. I've seen some general aviation pilots get themselves into the worst places... If we didn't have TCAS I would have LOTS more grey hair!Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Richard-I am very undecided about the 767. If we do proceed, I do not anticipate any price breaks however- as the 757 pricing was done in anticipation of the fact that we would share the production cost betwen the two airplanes.Although the airplanes are similar in many ways- it isn't accurate to say that the products are interchangeable. Our production costs for the 757/767 were very very high... so the original pricing point on the 757 was $45+.... In order to prevent that- we decided to keep the price lower and sell the airplanes seperately.(e.g. $45 757 + discounted 767 addon would equal lower priced 757 + lower priced 767.)Either way- the argument is mute at this point- as we have not decided to proceed with the 767 just yet.Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

here are the shots regarding the autopilot landing to the right of the runway.CB

CBWhat I can't figure out from your pictures is why the ILS deviation scale isn't showing up on the EADI. I am assuming you were in MAP mode on the EHSI from what I can see of it, however once you engage the APP button on the A/P Mode Control Panel with an A/P engaged and a valid ILS frequency tuned on the ILS Control Panel, the deviation scale should appear on the EADI. The other strange thing is that the Flight Director is not deviating as if it is off course. I am not sure how the pictures you posted could show the A/P with the LOC and G/S captured when it wasn't displaying any raw data, but the EADI says they were engaged. I did have a similar problem when I attempted and Autoland in SJC, however, I did notice that the LOC deviation scale had drifted off a full dot by touchdown. Don't know why the A/P didn't correct for it and the system worked perfectly the next several attempts at several other Airports. Here is how I normally set up my Cat III approaches.1) Select ILS Approach for Desired Landing Runway at Destination Airport from the DEP/ARR page on the FMC.2) Verify Freq and Front Course on the INIT REF page under APPROACH3) Dial in ILS Freq on ILS Control Panel, Center Pedestal and verify Front Course is correct. (see other post regarding location to NavAid)4) Depress approach button and verify that LOC and G/S modes arm and that ISL deviation Scales appear on ADI. 5) Sit back and drink coffee until rollout :-)Good LuckPaul :-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg