Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roy

Request for the upcoming update for the 777.

Guest Roy

LefterisMaybe you can answer this one.It would be very nice to have this button working in my 777.(Circled in red in the picture.)Any chance that might happen??With that and a keyboard-input FMC I'd be a very happy man :-)Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Guest Marc Harrington

Roy,sorry but the display switching function will not be modelled in the upcoming service pack. The amount of background code running would decrease the frame rates dramatically, so we chose to leave it out to make the 777 more resource friendly.

Guest Roy

I thought that duplicating the screen from let's say the lower EICAS would be a simple job, but that not being the case it's better left alone.We need all the frames we can get :-)(That Marc-dude is pretty smart ;-) )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

"and a keyboard-input FMC I'd be a very happy man "Roy,the keyboard input is working. You shoud click on the right borderon the FMC. Then a white band is showing up and you can type the input.Regards,Rodger :-wave

Guest Marc Harrington

Rodger,I think Roy was refering to a direct-type FMC function for the 777, which is currently only featured on the 757.I am not able to confirm if it will be included in the service pack, perhaps Robert or Anthony can answer this one...

Guest Roy

Marc is right.I love this feature in the 757 and I'm of course hoping for the same in the 777 (wich for some odd reason happens to be my favorite airplane. ;-) )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

ooops Marc,and sorry Roy,looks like I am only thinking of the 757 at the moment. (-: Anyway Marc, thank you for this great plane!Regards,Rodger :-wave