Sign in to follow this  

More Radeon Problems

All,Thought I was in the clear....Yesterday I got a fix (new render.ini) that allowed me to start FlyII and load the 777. Everything worked well. I bought the new 757, the reason I wanted to upgrade the system in the first place, and as soon as I loaded it and 777 fix, I was back to the the same problem getting the winrun.cpp error before the flight planning screen would even show up.Completely removed FlyII (including defrag), reinstalled. Installed patches, and 777 for FlyII, and revised render.ini file. Everything worked fine - even on Dx8 T&L, high texture. As soon as I installed the 757, same problem.This is really frustrating - any additional help would be most appreciated. I don't have the money now to buy another graphics card. Radeon is not that far out there - I know its not Nvida - but I didn't have $400 for the video card either. It works fine on all the other games and engineering software I use this machine for.Here is the systems spec - P4 2.0a, Gigabyte MB, 1 gb ddr PC2100. The video card is the Radeon 8500 64 MB.Like I said, any help would be appreciated.Rich Heite

Rich-did you remember to install the Fly!2 patch that brings Fly!2 up to .230? If not, that's your culprit...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,I may not have - I wouldn't swear to it either way. Frustration was peaking yesterday .Came home tonight from work, removed FlyII and reloaded from scratch. Weird thing - even though I deleted through the Add/Remove in control panel, it would not install correctly. I even defrag'd. By reinstalling to a differently named directory, making sure I got all the patches and the revised render.ini file, it worked. I suspect you are right and I did not install the last patch to .230, because this time it worked correctly.Anyway, the new plane is really sweet - it is definitely more of a challenge to fly than the Fly 2k version.Thanks for your help - it is much appreciated.Going to print the manual and start reading.... and get the United livery... favorite colors Rich Heite