Sign in to follow this  

Outisde door

I have noticed that when on the ground prior to start up, the front left outside door is open. It seems to close at some point during the start up procedure, but I am not sure when. After landing and taxiing to the gate, it does not seem reopen on hsut down. What exactly triggers the door? I have not seen any refference to it in the manual.Andrew

Guest Roy

AndrewJust tested it.The door opens when you power up the plane (Battery switch: ON)It closes when you turn the seat-belt signs ON (NOT AUTO).If you turn the seat-belt signs OFF again the door reopens.Maybe other things also triggers the door, but that's one for the PMDG crew. :-)Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

So when you turn off the fasten seatbelt sign during cruise up in the FL's, the door gently swings open again? I'll have to test that one out. :)SP

Guest Roy

That could come in handy if you had to bail out :-lol :-lol :-lolBut, seriously, I think it only works on ground and at standstill.Have to give that one a test :-)Edit:Just did.The door closes when you start the first engine.(I guess that means no bailing out :-( )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Guest andrewluck

I had a very strange problem on my first flight. Electrical power was fluctuating on and off (both external and APU). The front door was opening and closing all the time until I started the engines.Haven't seen this one again on subsequent flights.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Steve-Ah...No. We are much smarter than that! ;-)IF you guys look at he door warnings on the overhead panel- you can also see when it is open....and when your service doors are open, etc. (Service doors not modeled on the visual model...)Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com