Sign in to follow this  

any joystick/yoke recommendations for the 757?

Hi,can anyone recommend a good joystick/yoke for flying the 757?I have a logitech wingman extreme digital, but it's not verygood for flightsims.thanks!Malte

Guest Marc Harrington

Malte,depends on how much you would like to spend. For cheaper products, I would recommend the CH FlightSim Yoke, but if you really want to get the most out of your flying experience then get the PFC Jetliner Yoke, in my opinion the most precise input device for flying.

hm, the CH yoke costs 130$. for a poor student like me that's quite a lot of money.so would you say that it's worth the money? i don't want to buy a yoke that is not precise enough or something, i mean i want to be able to perform good take offs and landings with it. if you say that this is possible, i think i should go and buy it...thanksmalte

Maltedietsch,I'm using the F-16FLCS and the F-16 throttle right now (EXCELLENT products, though obselete now and expensive) . I just wanted to wring out the flight model of the B757 (60 degree steep turns, full power on/ power off accelerated stalls, hehe ROBERT!)before I hook up my CH flight yoke (PC versioin). I will be trying the yoke out tonight or tomorrow and will let you know the REAL results. hehe The PFC Jetliner yoke, Mark is refering to costs a MINIMUM of $500 (not sure of the current price). This is clearly out of my price range, though I'm glad that MARK has it to develope more PRECISE PMDG aircraft.. heheCB

Malte,Can I say something on the subject ?I have done my research and sure, if you can afford the yoke + pedals from CH - this is the best combo pricewise. However with limited budget of yours I have a different suggestion: Saitek Cyborg 3D USB. This is a joystick with throttle and twist-action rudder all in one unit. Why do I think it is good ? People often forget that in civilian aircraft, even those contolled by stick (Airbus) the captain holds the yoke in his left hand and throttle in the right hand. The joystick I mentioned is easily reconfigurable to either left or right hand situation (so you can play both captain or first officer). This is the only stick I know of that gives you the full "left seat" capability all other are more appropriate for combat flying. Also, comparing to other joysticks, the Cyborg gives you really nice long-throw accurate throttle with the right "feel". For $50 you can't go wrong with this device. Michael J.

Hi,if you want a cheap stick/throttle combination, go for the Saitek X36USB HOTAS (the X45 is practicaly the same, but it's so ugly :-erks). But you should forget about Saitek's drivers and take a look at saitekhelp.simhq.com. Thomas

Thank you for your answers, I will have a look at the mentioned products! I'll let you know when I've made some experiences with my new yoke, whatever it may be :-)thanksMalte

Thomas,you do know that a new set of drivers have been released by Saitek for the X36 and X45? With the new XP compatibility I now have no problem running the X45 (and using its throttle together with my CH Yoke and pro pedals).Have to agree on the ugly part! :) I had the X36 game port version before but they wouldn't run on my new computer. The quality of that one was far superior to my current X45. Regards,Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Krister,thanks for the notice. I didn't know of the new Saitek drivers. But to be honest, after reading about the funktionality of the drivers, I will stick to Dhauzimmer's drivers. Btw. - I have problems with assigning trim to one of the axis. Does this work correctly with the saitek drivers? Thomas