Sign in to follow this  

SID/STAR question

Hello all,first of all I wanna thank the whole team of PMDG for this fantastic bird. :-sun1 Great job :-sun1By now I got only one question about writing SID/STAR files. Is it possible, to define a waypoint with "at or above" altitude? Since the FMC is capable now to do so, I hope there will be a way.Thanks in advance and best regards. :-wave

Guest amerton

Hello there,Well unfortunately not. We haven't implemented at or above / below etc. constraints.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Anthony,thanks for your quick answer. I guess under this circumstances it's the best to leave the altitude definition blank with SIDs, since otherwise the quick climb out will be avoided, right?For STARs it's still okay to work with "at" definitions :)Please tell me if there is any better way to go.BTW last night I modified a waypoint from a SID within the FMC like described in the manual and set the letter A in front of the altitude definition. VNAV was still flying this waypoint as an "at" definition. Should the "A" show up at the FMC legs page? For me it didn't show up even the input was working without any errors.Does this way of modification only work with "enroute" waypoints or should it work with waypoints coming from a SID too?Best regards

Hey Gerhard,I believe that an "A" on the legs pages means "At or above" the listed altitude. A "B" would mean "At or below".A crossing restriction "At" a specific altidude would have no letter, but would be bold, indicating that this is a "hard" altitude restriction entered by the pilot, not caclulated by the FMC.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,you are absolutely right. My problem is, that I've entered an "A" to define an "at or above" altitude, but when VNAV was flying the "at or above" defined waypoint it was interpreted as an "at" altitude.Beside this, the modified waypoint was originally coming from a loaded SID. Maybe that's why the "A" modification didn't show up at the FMC/CDU and VNAV didn't behave like that. But this is the point where I don't have an answer yet and unfortunately there is no picture in the manual what shows an "A" modified waypoint and how it shows up in the display of FMC/CDU.Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback.Best regards :-wave

Sorry for the irritation. To bad that I'm not psychic enough to know by myself, that the information in the manual on page 11-16 is wrong.Since I know that now, I can x it out.It seems that page 10-7 is from the 777-200 manual, since the 777 is mentioned three times, but the 757-200 not only once.On page 10-4, right column center, you can read: "The Autopilot should not be engaged at lower than 1200' AGL.". Some lines below this you can read: "As the aircraft passes through 250 feet AGL, the A/P should be engaged by pressing the A/P switch."It is just a bit confusing to read through something like this, so please be patient with me to understand confusing stuff like this.Thank you very much for your understanding.Best regards