Sign in to follow this  

Anyone notice that 777 flight plans work with the 757?

Maybe this is yesterday's news, but I was delighted to see that all my old flight plans formatted for the triple-seven FMC work just fine with the 757 as well. It also means we do not have to wait for a new version of FSBuild to easily generate new plans for the 757. Just thought I would mention this. Nice going PMDG!Andrew

The new version of Fsbuild is already out (1.3.9) with 757 support included.There is a slight difference, the 757 format supports the changes to via page on the 757 FMC.But your right the 777 plans appear to work in the 757.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks Ernie, I will be sure to go get the new version. Fly!II just wouldn't be the same without your program.Andrew

Ernie,By the way I am having a problem with wierd video erors happening with the pop-up CDU in the 757. Strange black and red lines clutter up the screen. This only happen with FSBuild flight plans. Also, it only happens with the pop-up CDU; the pedestal mounted ones look fine. Someone else noted this problem earlier. Do you know anything about it? Does the new version cause this too? I and downloading it now and will try it myself later tonight.Andrew

I wouldn't know the answer to either question since I don't have the 757 yet.I was given the specs for the 757 differences months before it was finally released. They were relatively minor changes so I would say its likely the result might be the same.Maybe if you get a chance send me a copy of a flight plan saved in the 757 FMC, and I'll take a look and see if there's any differences that might be the cause.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Andrew-We have not been able to localize a specific trigger for the image distortion you are seeing.We had no occurances of distortion during testing, so at this point we are going to guess that it is a hardware issue.We have only had two reports of this distortion thus far- so it is hard to track down a possible cause....Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Where can I get FSbuild, can't seem to find it in the library

Thanks for the link Andrew, tried it earlier on, no problemson the CDU Front so far, will let you know if anything does happen