Sign in to follow this  

Manual Encryption?

I've emailed the 757 manual to my Dad at his work several times so he can print it out for me, but he keeps getting an error saying something like could not decrypt or open when he tried opening the manual using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I noticed that there is a yellow key at the bottom of Acrobat Reader when the manual is open and it says Document Encrypted when ever I leave my mouse over it. So does anyone know if there is a way for me to send the manual with out this happening?http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce2ff3f3573a5b7.jpgI love the 757 though. Just need to print the manual so I know how to fly it :)Jason Kath

Yes, PMDG's manuals are encripted (intended only for the user) and you cannot e-mail them as attached files. If you need to print it out on another computer, I think the only way is to save it onto a CD ROM and then you should be able to open it from there.Andrew

Ok thanks Andrew. A CD was the next thing I was going to try, but I didn't really want to waste a CD on such a small file. It's better than trying to print it on my printer which I'm lucky if it will print. Thanks for your quick reply too :)Jason

Sure it's not a problem with his use of Acrobat 4 vs 5? Robert upgraded to Acrobat 5 way way back, and it caught a lot of folks unable to open the file (5 uses a different format of encryption then 4).Ray

Ray, He was using Acrobat 4 and not 5. He called me this morning before I left for school and told me that he upgraded to version 5 and it worked. Thanks for your help though. Looks like it will be printed now :)Jason