Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

B777: "FMC Exception Caught in DLLIdle" Error

I'm still learning how to use the FMC's, so I apologize in advance if this error is something I caused and would have figured out if I had read the entire manual. I'm about 1/3 through it but couldn't wait to get this bird off the ground.Anyway, wondering what this error means and how to address it? I couldn't find it in the manual through a fairly comprehensive scan. The error note came up and stayed on screen for about 15 minutes. I have no idea how I cleared it.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest amerton

Aye Aye Sir !Okay, what do we have there... ?Would it be possible to have some more details on this situation ? Such as what over addons, what were you doing, and so forth...TIAanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Took off from the Island of Corsica headed to LFPO. I am still learning how to use the FMC's, so I didn't do much programming other than loading the flight plan.I took off and tried a few A/P modes to try them out. I cannot tell you for sure just what I pressed that made this error happen... sorry. I know I should have written down my key sequences.I do not have FlyScripts or any other DLL-style add-on. I don't yet have the 757. I've only been flying the B777 for about a week since its so complex and I've only gotten through about 50% of the manual.You should know that this error stayed on screen for about 15 minutes and then disappeared.I know that's not as much as you would have liked to see. Let me know if you have any other specific questions. When I get a chance to try out the plane again, I'll keep better track of what I'm doing in case the error re-appears.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to get time at the yoke since the weekend, so I haven't been able to repeat this. Just FYI.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I'm on vacation starting tomorrow morning and out of town, so I won't have any way to diagnose this on my end anymore until June 3. I'll report back if I find anything. Obviously if you come up with any ideas, please post and I'll check this upon my return from out of town.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I had a chance to get into the B777 cockpit again this evening. Took off in the stock UA (PhotoReal) livery from JFK Rwy 22L. When I got off the ground and tuned to "departure", I got the DLL error again. It remained on for the remainder of my flight. No matter what I did, I could not get it to disappear.I took a screenshot of the flight deck and panel state a few seconds after I noted the error. If you can suggest what particular screens I should be noting, I'll be sure to include them in my next post. As noted, I am leaving for vacation for a week, so won't have access to FLY again til next week.Hope this helps, although I'm afraid you'll probably only have more questions. Good luck.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.