Sign in to follow this  

Various 757 Questions

Question 1:Love the new bird! :-)A little different than the 777 I've been flying since the summer.3 questions:Are the autobrakes modeled in the 757? They seem to do nothing when I use them.#2: How do you get the chronometer to work? How can I change the modes within it (ie - stopwatch mode, etc)#3:Does the EPR button ever light on the MCP? Also, when should I be using EPR as opposed to the "Speed" button beneath it? I am geting some STRANGE results w/ the autothrottles when I am trying to land. If I have speed selected, the A/T seems not to work, & my speed continues to drop lower & lower to dangerous levels. Believe it or not, speed management seemed easier in the 777! :-)Thanks for the info everyone!Chris Catalano

ChrisWell I think I can answer 1 & 3 with confidence and take a stab at #2 1) Yes, the Autobrakes are modeled and should work.2) I can honestly say, I have never tried the clock but if it is modeled correctly, should be able to start. stop and reset the stopwatch with the "Clock" button on the Lighting Panel on the Left Glareshield. 3) The EPR button on the MCP does not illuminate however the mode does function. This was brought up during testing and is being looked at by Lefteris I think. The EPR mode does annunciate properly on the EADI and works as designed for T/O and Climb. Never used it during approach as Speed mode works well for me. Speed mode should work well at adjusting power to maintain a specific speed target as long as the A/T button is armed and SPD mode is annunciated on the EADI. Hope this helpsRegardsPaul :-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

hey chris,just thought id add that i also cannot get the auto breaks to function. i can not get the auto spoilers to deploy upon landing either. since according to the manual the auto breaks must be armed inorder for the ground spoilers to deploy on landing i assume a single problem is affecting both systems. Anybody have an idea what im missing?Thomas