Sign in to follow this  

finally got it .. couple of observations

to the PMDG team my hats off to you on this one.This has to be the single best addon I have EVER used.This is first addon I have owned where I really felt like I was in the aircraft simulated.The art work is stunning,the flight model is a awesome,the sounds are wonderful.I have not had a chance to program the FMC yet but my reason for this post is because I noticed 3 flaws which may or may not have been talked about.1.The front nose gear stays turned to the left and does not retract.2.It may just be me but I always thought of the 757 having smaller passenger windows.Iam sure it's actually proboly to scale for FLY2 but it just seems a "bit" to large.I went to airliners.net to make sure my eyes were not fooling me I can't decide.It's not that big of deal to me just something noted http://www.airliners.net/open.file/226617/L/3 when going into spot view the only way I can get back into the cockpit is ctrl-1.Once again this is a great addition and well worth the money.Just to think I have not done a flight yet and Iam stunned by the work.Ps :Iam sure these have all been covered .sorry if it's just a repeat of what you already know :) Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Richard-Thank you for the compliments- all of us on the team appreciate them very much! I'm really very happy with the positive reception the airplane has received!On to your write-ups...1) Landing Gear visual anomalies with day/night models occur as a result of a minor bug within FLY!II. Richard Harvey has solved this problem- and the fix will be included in his next patch update release. (This was explained in the README.TXT which I *know* you read!)2) I think part of the difference is that we have included some of the metalic areas around the windows...and on some airlines they get painted over.... Minor oversight- but it makes the windows look a bit larger on certain liveries.3) You got me on this one. Cannot duplicate.Don't worry about repeating...I'm sure the repeating helps those who are just dropping by. ;-)Glad to see you back here, sir!Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

3 when going into spot view the only way I can get back into the cockpit is ctrl-1.This was just a one time thing I guess.I rebooted fly! later and it worked fine.Today the landing gear worked after I programed the FMC .FLY! really has a mind of it's on.The first flight i did in this PMDG product was almost flawless except I could not get ILS fq to tune in going into LGA on ILS 22L.Also the ND did not display the runway on final no matter what mode it was in.Iam not sure if I over looked something or not .I will try again.Finally this maybe asking to much but is there any chance of getting a GUI to do sid and stars in.I do not mind hand coding but it would save alot of time if there was GUI.Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

nm about the ILS i forgot to turn on the ILS tuner on the pedstal .It works :).It is nice to FLY a ILS app and the G/S actually works right :) *hint*.Robert. what are the chances of seeing the option of a more realistic panel flood lamp? It's something I have yet to see in FLY2 and it's was one of the questions I asked TRI about before FLY2 came.They said it's possible and should be quite easy if I remember correctly.I was just curious why this has never been consider as option ?Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2