Sign in to follow this  

Purchase and Download of New 757

Hi Everyone,I've been away so long that I had to re-register!!A quick question to anyone who can help:I purchased the new 757 (went very easily - no problems there) but I have tried now for 7 times to download the aircraft but at various stages - sometimes after 2MB, 8 MB or 10MB into the download I get a very annoying message that says my link with the server has been re-set!! Then, although I'm still on line my download finishes!! This is very annoying because it takes ages to get to 10MB of download!! I've tried to use "Get Right" as suggested in this forum but that just says that a particular bit of code is missing and It cannot do the download. Can anyone help? ThanksKevin

Guest Roy

Do you use a dial-up connection?If you do, you could try to increase the time-out time on your connetion or disable it althogether. (Just for the download, then enable it again.)Another way (although it will increase your download time) is to click into other pages every now and then just to let your connection know that you're "still alive" :-)I think that would prevent the server from resetting you.Give it a try, and good luck.Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Roy,Thanks. I do use a dial up connection abd tried your suggestion but no luck. Thanks anyway.Kevin