Sign in to follow this  

stars will not display in the 757 fms

I can get custom sids to show but I can not get stars to show up .Iam doing this with the frontend I was led to from help on this forum.I have corrected some mistakes I made but it still does not work.I would think if i do not get a syntax error it should work .is anyone have this same problem ?Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest GrantM

Richard,Not sure exactly what is happening at your end, but I have not experienced this problem. If the SIDS and STARS exist for the airport you are at, they show up in the DEP/ARR pages for selection, otherwise they are not available. Few exist. Are you trying to get some to appear that you have developed or downloaded?Grant

ones i have made with a GUI that someone told me about here.The sids i made show up just not the stars .. and yes the stars have a runway feeder :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest amerton

Hello Richard,Sids / stars will only show in the fmc *if* the departure and arrival airports of the route page are set and bear in mind only the associated sids stars will show.Could this be the problem, i.e. you have no dest airport or airport XXX set and you expect YYY stars ???Just an idea...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

that maybe the problem.I was just using the dep/arv page on the FMC to see if the sid and stars would show up for KATL . The sids did but the stars did not.I did not have fp in use so I will try out what you said.Iam sure that's the key :) Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Richard,Also, when selecting the SID and STAR (Technically, the DP and STAR?), after you've entered the DEP and ARR airports on the RTE 1 page, you'll press DEP ARR to go to the DEP page for the airport selected as the departure field in the RTE 1 page. It sounds like you have that down.Once you've selected your SID/DP, L6 (the sixth button down on the left side of the FMC screen) will take you to the DEP/ARR INDEX page, where you'll see the departure and arrival fields listed under RTE 1 with DEP on the left and ARR on the right. R2 selects the STAR list for the arrival airport. You should then see your STARs.

Kurt-both terminologies are correct: "DP" is used in the U.S. (and Canada?) and SID is used all over Europe.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,As always, thanks. :-)