Sign in to follow this  

Squawk Box

Anyone who could help,I recently bought a portable Acer computer and installed Fly2 on it.I also installed SB 3.02.When time comes to press <> <> <> the menu wont show up. I tried <> <>, <> <> and <> only but still to no avail.I searched for quite a few days on the internet for any info about it but couldn't find it. Please can anyone helpThank you very much

First of all-Please write your NAME, so I know who I am replying to. Thanks!Now:I need some more info (well, A LOT more info :-) ) from you before I can assist. In the future, it would be nice if you could offer it before hand, so I wouldn't need to keep writing this to everyone... but oh well...a) Are you patched all the way to build 230 of Fly!2?:( Have you followed the installation process PRECISELY for Squawkbox?c) Is your laptop CAPABLE of running Fly!2? (This should really come before (a) ).To aid you in searching, I recommend that you go in your Fly!2 root folder, and look for the subfolder UItemplates. If that's there, *AND* it contains all the appropriate Squawkbox files (sb*.WIN), then we'll take it from there. Otherwise, you haven't installed properly, please reinstall Squawkbox.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Sorry for the omission Lefteris, I tought it was included when I registered.My name is Denis.Yes my laptop is running Fly!2 and very well actually.I have all the patches except build 230. Makes of my screen a kaleidoscope.According to your documents, SB is properly installed.All the sb*.win are in the UItemplates directory. At least they all seem to be there (7 of them)sb..dll is in modulespcDenis

>Sorry for the omission Lefteris, I tought it was included >when I registered. >>My name is Denis. >>Yes my laptop is running Fly!2 and very well actually. >>I have all the patches except build 230. Makes of my screen >a kaleidoscope. >>According to your documents, SB is properly installed. >>All the sb*.win are in the UItemplates directory. At least >they all seem to be there (7 of them) >>sb..dll is in modulespc >>Denis The kaleidoscope is fixed now.So when do we start working on that problem. There's a flying in CYUL and CYQB next weekend if I remember correctly and that would be my first one and in my home town as well.Could you at least let me know if I can expect a response from you soon. Whether you have a fix or not.Thank youDenis

Denis-There's no need for a fix, unless we establish that there's a problem to be addressed.At this point, it seems you have an installation problem. I would suggest reinstalling Squawkbox from the start, so that you make sure all the appropriate files are in place.You MUST have at LEAST build 210 of Fly!2 installed (build 230 is recommended!), and make sure that all the files are placed in their appropriate places. (Most importantly, the *.win files and the Squawkbox.DLL file).Let me know if there's more I can help you with.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Denis- >>There's no need for a fix, unless we establish that there's >a problem to be addressed. >>At this point, it seems you have an installation problem. I >would suggest reinstalling Squawkbox from the start, so that >you make sure all the appropriate files are in place. >>You MUST have at LEAST build 210 of Fly!2 installed (build >230 is recommended!), and make sure that all the files are >placed in their appropriate places. (Most importantly, the >*.win files and the Squawkbox.DLL file). >>Let me know if there's more I can help you with. Well Lefteris all you said has been done. Complete reinstallation of Fly2 from scratch with all the patches up to 230. The only difference as I mentionned earlier is the tridx8.dll that is from 210 so there is no more kaleidoscope.SB has also been install from scratch from that point and still to no avail. According to the documentation included in the zip files, all the files are at their proper place.I can see de SB dll file in the list of Fly2 from . The problem is that I dont seem to get SB to open when I press the key.How can I verify if another program might be shorting this call up key because this is what I think might be happeningSome other ideas that just came up to my mind. I'll give them a try and let you knowDenis