Sign in to follow this  

Will the autothrust BUG be fixed? (pics)

Hi,I would like to know if the problem with the Autothrust System will be fixed. There was no reaction from PMDG on my last posting.Please see the following article for a description and 2 screenshots of the problem:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID32/273.html#14regardsMalteEDDH

Malte-patience, dear Watson...I have been trying to reproduce your problem, but I cannot. Vangelis and I looked at it a couple of times, but we were able to fly using the A/T with no issues whatsoever.Anyone else can verify Malte's findings?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Henri W

No, A/T working nicely for me.Henri

Malte,You may want to try re-installing the 757. I know Chris was having A/T problems that were resolved by a re-installation. Just a ThoughtRegardsPaul

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi....I have the same problem of Malte...... it happen to me in the initial part of the climb...Ivan Italy

hm, that's strange!ok i'll give it a try and reinstall the 757...regardsmalte

Malte,Read you email. Then read your other email. Then tried with Lefteris to reproduce your problem. We cannot. Actually no surprise. The A/T controller went through hell-and-torment during testing (e.g. climb full weight with gusts up to 30 knots while occasionally deploying the speed brake). Needless to say that joystick noise has quite probably little to do with this. I designed a system that filters/absorbs *any* noise with frequency greater than 10 Hz. A/T systems are supposed to work in atmospheric turbulence reasonably well. No chance of something being sort of cross-wired ? For example speed brake being deployed inadvertently because Fly! just wants to ?A request : I read similar finger pointing emails from another party just to find out that something went wrong during install on his/her PC. In other words it was a user/PC/installation or what-have-you problem and not a software problem. I would kindly ask that until we verify the latter we refrain from using phrasing such as BUG (uppercase) etc. in public forae.Thanks,Vangelis------------------------------------E. M. VaosPrecision Manuals Development Group------------------------------------

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

He's right! It tok me days to figure out what I was doing wromg - turns out it was not me at all (at least THIS time! ;) )On a lark, simple reinstall did the trick fot me - no problems since!Good luck!Chris

Vangelis -sorry for using the word BUG, just wanted to catch your attention because this problem makes me really :-madregardsmalte

Hi Malte & PMDGI have unistall and reinstall b757 and everything now seems OK. Your problems description was identical to mine. Remains the autopilot randum disconnession (but this also happens in B777) it seems due to the MS Sidewinder 3D ProPlus Joystick. I resolve momentarily the problem Clear axis AILERON and ELEVATOR.Best RegardsRoberto Vigetti