Sign in to follow this  
michal

comparing autopilot notes ....

Hi PMDG 757 users,I would like to compare notes with you about some detail of the autopilot operation.When you turn the Flight Director on on the ground before takeoff, without arming any autopilot modes (so you are in TO-TO-FD mode) and then do the takeoff, rotation, etc and hit the CMD button when say at 400 ft AGL what default autopilot mode are you seeing ?. Are you seeing TO-TO or V/S-HDG HOLD ? This question came up on the 767PIC forum and some claim the basic ap mode on takeoff (with FD armed prior to takeoff) is TO-TO however I don't see it. I see only V/S & HDG HOLD. In other words TO-TO seems to be the FD mode only, not CMD mode.Anyone including developers cares to comment ?Michael J.

Guest amerton

Hi Michael,Well, according to the manual and a nasa survey on AP modes, the TO modes on the 757 are "FD assisted" only, that is they are not CMD implemented, so switching the AP on while TO are the active modes will result in VS / HDG engagement (unless VNAV / LNAV armed). On the 777, OTOH, TO are AP implemented modes.Cheers,anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Anthony. I suspected this to be the case.Michael J.