Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Huston..........we got a problem!

Guest Josve

Every time when playing multiplayer(not SB) with the 757,the program crashes....Today we were two that got thrown to desktop twice.....and it seems only to happen with the 757.Anyone else having this problem??Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

There's a recognized issue with memory leaks stemming from ILS usage. Do you notice a crash while performing an ILS approach?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Josve

No thats the strange thing....it happens everywhere.Today a friend of mine(Andrew Thomsen) and I decided to do a multiplayer(really cool) and after I had loaded the fp into the fmc..it crashed.Started over again loading fp into fmc,all worked fine.Did the takeoff and climbed to 10000ft,and my friend,also flying the 757 disappeared from the screen.CTD....he started over again and the same happened CTD.This has also happened when est.ILS but thats prob.the memory leak.We have now tried 3 or 4 times to do a multi with our 757's and every time the error strikes.When flying other ac,everything is fine.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Johnny,For what it's worth, I had it happen three times with SB yesterday. I tried a number of different combinations of things, including not running AutoMETAR, not running RW, and finally, not using Fly!Scripts (Cabin Calls). The last one worked...had a good flight from KPHX to KBWI tonight.

Have some further information to throw in.During the beta testing of the 757 and past testing with SB and the 777, I have noticed a recreatable problem with Fly2 and SB (and potentially multiplayer mode). It has to do with Fly2 loading other multiplayer aircraft into the local Fly2 environment. During the 757 testing, I would routinely encounter a CTD while using SB. I solved the problem by changing the multi-player range to 0. Never had a CTD again after that. Turn the range back up to twenty and again got periodic (could not consistently recreat) CTD's. The farther out I made the multiplayer range the quicker fly2 would CTD. Set it back to 0 again and no more CTD. I did encounter the CTD more often in the 757 than the 777. But I can recreate and solve the problem with both aircraft.Anyone else seen this or can reproduce it?George

George,I suspected the same thing during my frustrating Saturday experience trying to get out of KLAS. I didn't CTD, but locked up solid...could still talk on RW, but Fly!2 was frozen solid. The lockups always seemed to happen when another plane was taxiing up to a nearby gate (I could hear the default C-172 going by).It doesn't happen all the time, though; I had a great flight out of KPHX yesterday when it was fairly busy.Not sure how much help that is...

Hi Kurt,Could you try setting your SB range to 0 and see what happens?Also, what time were you at KPHX (Zulu), did a flight there as well yesterday and was hanging out for while watching the traffic. Was pretty busy.George

George, I'll do that next time I'm on. Have been hoping to see TCAS work, but haven't seen anything once I've been in the air. I was on just as ABQ_V_CTR closed for the night. I think it was Mike Maxham, and he'd been on for about 5 hours or so. So, that would have been 2300 or so.

Guest andrewluck

I had a CTD last night enroute from Glasgow to London Stansted in the Hawker. MP was set to 10. I'll try it again with MP set to 0.I recall there was also a problem with the SB text buffer filling up. Not sure if this was ever resolved.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Josve

We have now flown multiplayer for almost 14 days since my first post,and have not had any crashes at all.....Every multiplayer session that went fine was with other aircraft than the 757,but as soon as switched to the 757,the crashes reappear....over and over again.I had to quit using SB and the 757,becouse I never knew where it crashed.So there is got to be an issue with the 757 and multiplayer/SB.....I also have a very up to date system,so it can't be related to any hardware issue.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Yesterday, Tony C and I had a great flight from KSFO to KPHX on SB. I set my MP on SB to 20 miles, and had, at times, more than one other aircraft on TCAS. (There were 4 on the ground at KPHX.) Had no problems. My follow-on flight on SB to KFLL was also problem-free.

Guest Josve

I've also managed to do some SB flights with the 757,but since you'll never know when it crashes next,I have stopped flying with SB/757.We have also managed to do some MP flight with the 757,but if my flight went ok,my buddy crashed and vise versa......This is so frustrating!!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div