Sign in to follow this  

Help to fly the AA 727-200 Advanced

I have only recently started to fly the jets. Mostly I have flown the default 737 - manual takeoffs and Autopilot ILS assisted landings (I take it out of auto around 300 feet) . Too easy!!!!! :)But I am having trouble with the 727-200 advanced -- probably because it is maybe a bit more realistic than the defaults. For example, I am probably landing too heavily - thus causing landing gear to crash.Could anybody give me some "numbers" to try to fly by with this aircraft? The Txt file that came with the package gives a good explanation of all the panel gauge/switch functions -- but I have also have trouble figuring out how to use the Autothrottle with this one . Any help there would also be appreciatedThanks

I just uploaded 727 Performance, Limitations and Procedure PDFs to the Avsim file library. You should see then soon. I'm not sure which package you are talking about but if the airfile is anywhere near realistic, you should find the info I uploaded very useful.:)Matt Zagoren

One suggestion is to reduce the fuel load! Real 727's never land any where near 100% fuel load! Try a short hop (100 miles or so) using 40 - 50% fuel. Get stabilized on final before using full flaps and then hold about 145 KIAS down final. You should touch down in the flare around 130-135 KIAS. It takes a little practice, but stay with it - the model is fairly accurate. Once you get so you can set it down without crashing, practice some touch and go landings. Remember to reset the flaps as you advance power.Hope this helps

Hi Matt :-waveI am just popping into this thread to THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the time and effort you put into collecting, editing, and posting your performance files. Your files truly enhance the simulation experience.[h2]Thank You ![/h2]

Your welcome! I've got another 5 or so files to upload tomorrow. Stay tuned...:)Matt Zagoren

>I just uploaded 727 Performance, Limitations and Procedure >PDFs to the Avsim file library. You should see then soon. >I'm not sure which package you are talking about but if the >airfile is anywhere near realistic, you should find the info >I uploaded very useful. >>:) >>Matt Zagoren Thanks Matt -- the "package" is the 18 meg download of American Airways 727-200 Advanced over at Fsim.com. It is probably the biggest downloaded aircraft that they have on file.Barry

I goofed around with the AA 727, it was a tough bird to fly....I just loaded up a new panel/727 combination in TWA paint that has a few little quirks, but is quite enjoyable to tool around in.If you read about the history of the 727 you will find the real world also had problems transitioning to the three-holer.Do take the time, fly "light" weights and practice a little....you will hopefully find that the 727 was truely the last real "Pilot's" airplane.Timothy(727, the only glass in the flightdeck was my glass of OJ and the Captain's bifocals)