Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Recommended freeware add-ons

Hello all,I would like to to know what are your favourite freeware add-ons for Flight Simulator.Lu

Geof's Beechcraft Debonair (you can get it here at AVSIM) is a hefty download (24 MBs!) but it's well worth it (requires Pro version of FS2002).At www.flightsim.com , there is a nice scenery set for Tenerife Norte (GCXO) available.There's also a Dassault Falcon 50 out for FS2002 Pro (also available at AVSIM), which is an excellent bizjet, IMO.www.carenado.com also has some nice freeware aircraft, but you'll need to get the FS2002 fixes that are available on the same site.All I can think of for now. :)

I will second the Falcon 50, its a great aircraft and comes with good documentation. Also any of the FS2002 DC8's available from Historic Jetliners Group. They also have a nice KC135. The DeHavilland Beaver is a very good bush plane, available as a package with wheels, floats, or skis.Be sure to get FSUIPC a must have utility for third party aircraft.Finally, although it costs $30, FS Navigator is a great add on for navigating, making flight plans, checking VOR, ILS frequencies, etc. I use it on every flight.

Get anything by POSKY. Hard on lower end systems, but well worth it for the quality. TrafficTools, AFCAD, cloud packs from FSW, etc. If I kept writing, I could probably remember many more.

Also, anything by Brian Gladden or Mikko Maliniemi, the two kings of freeware GA. And, might I suggest Reality XP cloud packs, available here at avsim.com.Scott

Guest H_Kev55

I would have to agree with all the post's that you've received so far.But, my favorite is realstars.It adds a tremendous amount of stars to the night sky, which is alot more realistic than what MS had.I really enjoy flying at night now.KJ

FSW freeware they have the best clouds available for fs 2002 and wait for their high level clouds, blow up everything available to date, far better than anything available for fs2002, best clouds for msfs!.fs sky world, moon, sun, etc.http://fsw.simflight.com/

See the Utilities page for starters at my site (URL below). Also, see the Flight Planning page.

Guest SD Sim

My favorites:P51 Mustang. Just for starters, has Steve Small's signature flight dynamics. Pull a few too many Gs and watch the screen go black (very cool)Bill Grabowski's ERJ 145 panel (complete with Embraer aircraft). This is simply jaw dropping (unfortunately, it also drops frame rates which can be a problem on a low end system).

Okay, as a FS guru I give you the best programs availeble!!Here they are: *RadarContact (ATC program)*FSMaintenance (Lago)....A Aircraft maintenance program*FSAssist (Lago)....A module for real pushback futures and a great framerate wizzard.*FSScenery Enhancer... (Lago).....program to enhance scenery *Flightdeck Companion.....( a virtual Co pilot program with lots of futures.*Boeing 737 panel from Dreamfleet...best panel availble at the moment.*FSW Clouds .......Random cloud builder(free)*FSMeteo ...for flying online in Real weather*SquawkBox.....use to fly online with realive controlers on the net.*Adventure Display....at AVSIM.COM (Free)*FSFlightMax......Superb Weather Radar and much, much more*FSNavigator 4.51...superb MovingmapCheers!!

Hi all, Thank you for the suggestions.I would just like to point out this:JACO!!! Can't you read the subject? FREEWARE add-ons... LOLGreat suggestions by the way, I already have some of them.Lu

KJ,I can't seem to find these stars. Do you have a URL for them?Thanks!

Guest gasebah

1. Autogenius2. Lennart's textures at least if u r flying europe (will not work good with Lennart's textures unless u put a little work in it).3. Ocean FX4. Falcon 50 as mentioned above5. There are some nice new water reflections too I forgot which file they r though.6. Stearman7. the latest MS Tree Pack (I guess t was MS) if u have a fast system.Regarding payware I would go with Jaco but drop FS maintenance and the scenery enhancer ( I have both and dont like them for several raesons). Instead I would get some serious airports like the GAPs and add the archer and the PSS airbus to my hangar.Alex

Guest gasebah

1. Autogenius2. Lennart's textures at least if u r flying europe (will not work good with Lennart's textures unless u put a little work in it).3. Ocean FX4. Falcon 50 as mentioned above5. There are some nice new water reflections too I forgot which file they r though.6. Stearman7. the latest MS Tree Pack (I guess t was MS) if u have a fast system.Regarding payware I would go with Jaco but drop FS maintenance and the scenery enhancer ( I have both and dont like them for several raesons). Instead I would get some serious airports like the GAPs and add the archer and the PSS airbus to my hangar.Alex