Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Lago Scenery Enhancer

Is it worth it? I need to spice up FS2k a little.

Guest PhilC

I think that it is by far the easiest add-on for adding static scenery. However, you are limited to the scenery that they provide and have no tool for creating more. They do provide a pretty good selection though. I also did notice that, as with most static scenery, there was a frame hit.I've started messing a little with FS Scenery Creator (FSSC). Although I haven't done much with it yet, it's fairly easy to use once you get past the learning curve and there are many choices of pre-made scenery available and you can create your own using GMAX provided with FS2K2 Pro.Bottom line... Lago Scenery Enhancer is a quick and dirty way of sprucing up otherwise lonely scenery. If you want to learn more about scenery design, then FSSC or Airport (and I'm sure there are others) will do nicely.

Hi :-)...Its great, just buy it!!Bestjaco

I use it on my PC and it works fine.The only thing is Lago seems to be ignoring it. There was talk early on of creating new service packs withmore general aviation planes and stuff, but Lago seems to have moved on to something else.Otherwise, it really is a pretty cool add-on, and, I think, worth the price.John

I wish I could sell you mine - I am very unhappy with Lago's support.The package is good, but incomplete in my opinion. Lago promised 1,000s of items - but has still yet to deliver.I will never buy from lago again - as stated in another post on this thread, Lago is ignoring the product - they have lied to customers too many times.So, if you want my copy of FSSE - email me at flying_riley@hotmail.com, cause I sure don't use it!:-)

"I will never buy from lago again - as stated in another post on this thread, Lago is ignoring the product - they have lied to customers too many times."I think that IMHO you are being unfair towards Lago. They are certainly one of the more innovative and exciting add-on developers for MSFS and you will be cutting yourself out of the action in the future.Just my view, that's all.David

I love it but agree with others posts that they have not done anything with it in quite a while. There was promise of other objects but they have moved to other cost centers. Who knows they may suprise all one day. I still use it though to spruce up those lonely areas as mentioned above.BobG

Guest Jaaky

> Who >knows they may suprise all one day. We do regret that it took such as long time.After our upcoming release of Emma field, the FSSE Service Pack is the next project. We hope to make up for it by adding a new feature that indeed will surprise you all...Jaaky KrantLAGO

It's a good little program for what it does. It's simple with almost no learning curve. The pitfalls are very limited subject matter to add and if you want to share what you make with others, they must also have it. If they grow it some, it may not be a bad investment. As is, I don't care for it much. BUT ..... it looks like they realised they let it slip thru the cracks and are now going to do something about it. I think this thing could be a real winner if handled correctly.Donooops ... forgot something. Maybe they could develop a FREE, READ ONLY package so folks could download the sceneries made by others. Once the folks saw the improvements, they would go buy the scenery maker itself. This does have a lot of potential if developed correctly.DM

I love the program. I am now using it as an "enhancement" for my regular sceneries. I use it for placing items like gates and jetways. incombination with AFCAD I can make the aircraft at an airport line up with the gates exactly. (See my KBTV scenery) and I use it for other hard to place items like fences.Brian

I am sorry that is a bad excuse for delaying updates that your developing other products. I believe once you release a product you should see that one through to the finish and than go on to your next project or work on both of them. If as quoted earlier you promised more objects, and other promises, does should have been taken care of before developing another project. That is not fair to the customer to pay for something that is half finished and than wait for the rest while you develope a new money making project. Would you like us the customer pay you half and than pay another company and make you wait. It always comes down to the bottom line the money. Lago does make great add-ons but lets finish one product before starting another.>> Who >>knows they may suprise all one day.>>We do regret that it took such as long time. >After our upcoming release of Emma field, the FSSE Service >Pack is the next project. We hope to make up for it by >adding a new feature that indeed will surprise you all... >>Jaaky Krant >LAGO David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

I've installed it but never use it. The scenery is extremely limited and does not provide realistic objects in most cases. I re-did my local airport, and it looked as unreal as before I started because of this.This is a gem of a product/program, provided by a software developer with absolutely no real broad-scale marketing forsight.At most, it's a diamond in the rough, and will probably stay that way.It's a shame because properly done it's another FSNAV....I'd take a pass on this one.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest RonB49

>I am sorry that is a bad excuse for delaying updates that >your developing other products. I believe once you release >a product you should see that one through to the finish and >than go on to your next project or work on both of them. If >as quoted earlier you promised more objects, and other >promises, does should have been taken care of before >developing another project. That is not fair to the >customer to pay for something that is half finished and than >wait for the rest while you develope a new money making >project. Would you like us the customer pay you half and >than pay another company and make you wait. It always >comes down to the bottom line the money. Lago does make >great add-ons but lets finish one product before starting >another. >>. . .>>David Albright >FAA Flight dispatcher >Single and Mult-engine rated pilot >500 hours Real PIC >2000 hours Sim PIC >Sim Test Pilot David, this doesn't make you sound like a "Nicepilot." To be fair to LAGO, when I purchased FSSE in Feb 2002, the advertising and docs said that the additional objects package would be released in the "Summer of 2002." I chose to buy it "as is" and I'm happy that I did. As far as I'm concerned, LAGO has until September 21 before I have a gripe concerning the service pack. R-