Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Nice Fs2k2 Scenery To download

Hey Chris,isn't the FS2002 version payware? I actually just read the review over at either simflight.com or simflight.de and they say it's 28 Euro's?!Just wondering, I had this wonderful scenery in FS2000 and loved it but it appears that this is payware now?!Cheers,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hey Chris,I'm downloading it as we speak. I just checked again and over at www.simflight.com there's a review with a link on the bottum to purchase it for EUR28.00?! So strange, I hope there's nothing bogus going on.Cheers,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest HeavyFan

looks nice! but what area is that scenery for?? MIKE

Guest Twister

Hi,A few precisions for the Chapsendor scenery.1. The islands are imaginary and are located on the west coast of Corsica (this one is real...)in the mediterranean.2. The freeware version will not allow you to perform normal landings. There is some kind of invisible magnetic field (?!!) that will prevent a normal landing. You need to buy the package in order to get a file that will fix that.Twister

As from what I've seen, there is an GA air race going on... so I guess it's the AI flottila on their tracks...

Guest gasebah

I am glad I downloaded it. Because what I read at simmarket seemed interesting and I was tempted to buy it. Now after trying it out I sure will not. 28 bucks for 3 small islands that look like disneyland? I do not know.Alex

Guest cwright

Chris, I must say the screenshots look pretty stunning. I've started downloading. But what intriques me is that it appears to have new coastlines and beaches, which is the Holy Grail of FS2002 scenery design (we're still waiting for the SDK, Microsoft!) If so then they have discovered some things a lot of people here would like to know - including me! Best regards, Chris Wright

Guest cwright

Hi Chris, I've flown it and it is very nice. But I see the coastlines/beaches are not the FS2002 type but are done by photorealistic textures. Sadly, the terrain is also not standard FS2002 mesh. This means that the elevated terrain is not landable and there is no terrain shading / shadows. Also the terrain resolution is pretty low. But nevertheless the design is beautiful and frame rates are good. By the way, you can land and take off - but you must do a sharp ninety degrees turn before you reach the end of the runway! Best regards, Chris Wright