Sign in to follow this  

help! my pc has karked it!

hi all, i set up 2 monitors on tuesday with a pci and an agp card, all was goin well for 3 hrs or so and then the monitor froze with these funny lines on the mouse cursor,i decided to do a reboot but it would not boot properly!then i decided to do a format of my c drive and tried and installed win98SE again, now everytime i get half way in the installation process the computer gives me a blue screen of death or an error message or it freezes in the process of installation,can anyone tell me what is wrong?i formated both c and d drive tried installing in d drive as well but same problems,my specsP3 800256 SD133 RAM9 gig and a 40 gigCD rom and CD BurnerWin98Asus P3V4x moboany help appreciated!

Guest artl

>... now everytime i get half way in the >installation process the computer gives me a blue screen of >death or an error message or it freezes in the process of >installation, >>can anyone tell me what is wrong? >>Make sure that you are running cool enough... Make sure the cpu fanis running. Take the case cover off, and try running that way.Art.

yea i took the pci card of and the cases as well, someone told me it could be a faulty ram module?

Guest SD Sim

Hi Clayton,Was the 2 monitor set up a new PC, or was it an upgrade to a PC that had been running flawlessly? If you take out either the PCI or AGP card, does everything now run OK? How much juice is your power supply pumping out? If it's only 300W this could be the problem. But if the problem persists with just one card, then it sounds like it's something else.

Make sure all your cards are properly inserted. Sometimes after installing other cards, can cause other cards to pop halfway out. Don't just check the video cards, a half popped out sound card can cause the "blue screen of Death" as well. You may have to re-seat all you PCI cards.I had the same thing happen to me, after installing a 2nd Video card. My sound card had slightly popped out, and you couldn't even really see that it had. I didn't get the blue screen of death all the time, just sometimes, but after reseating it, fixed it up.Cheers :-beerchug

Similar problems - turned out to be a faulty RAM module. Try reinstalling RAM, moving them between slots, running with one missing (if you have more than one), all these things may help.

hi all,well my brother is at home now,he took all the four ram modules out 4 x 32 meg sticks and left 1 in the slot, guess what, windows installed fine,so yes it was a faulty ram !there you have itlearn something everyday although i learnt the hard wayall my C and D drive information is gone,a clean install looks like i will be spending saturday installing everything again:-roll

Karked. Karked. Has a nice sound to it. I LIKE that word!"Stop it Marge, you'll kark the engine!""I

Guest SD Sim

Thanks for posting the solution to your problem. I'll file this one away somewhere in my aging grey matter and hope that I can pull it out the next time someone has a problem similar to yours.

Hi :-)I use four extra monitors for FS2002...without any problems!I have one(main)AGP Geforce card in my system and 2x M64 PCI cards and also 1x Dualcard(two monitor card)from Appian. To get rid of your "blue screens off dead"(BSOD) you need NVidia Chipset based PCI cards....This works alway's!!What kind off videocards you use now?Bestjaco

both cards are Nvidia based one is a 64meg geforce 2 and the pci one is just a tnt m64

......strange its not working?????..try it again under WINME-SE!?..I use WINMEDid you check your BIOS configuration?...look under Advanced/PCI...