Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

I finally picked up my computer.........

Guest Lindy

.... with the newly reformatted hard drive, a new MB and a new video card. I'm just about ready to try installing MSFS 2002 Pro.... at last! I know the program will prompt me to install DX8.0a (I'm currently running DX7.0) but should I just go ahead and install DX 8.1 instead?I'm looking forward to trying out the program this weekend. But I suspect that I'll be reinstalling a few other drivers first (i.e., joystick and pedals) and getting my Net access back with that 2nd computer. Then I'll be ready to experiment.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Hi Lindy,As I recall, if the FS installer sees a later version of DirectX, it will not prompt to install it at all. If you're running a GeForce 3 or 4 card (you refer to a new video card), you'll need DX 8.1 to see all of the great effects thay can produce.Good luck with your new system.Bruce.

I'd go straight to 8.1 Lindy. Works fine. Let us know how it goes with FS2002. If things go well, you'll probably be the Ultimate MSFS Convert :-) Trip

Guest Lindy

..........go with DX8.1. I tried to get it from the MS site (Windows Update), but the download kept breaking off about halfway through. I finally reviewed some of my saved files on disk and found that I had DX8.1 setup already saved. So I installed it that way......seems to be fine.I'm just now starting to reinstall games/sims and such. And sorry, fellas, but I want to get Fly!2 reinstalled first. But MSFS 2002 will definitely be next. ;-)-Lindy

> If things go well, you'll probably >be the Ultimate MSFS Convert :-) >YEP!!!! A certainty!L.Adamson