Sign in to follow this  

UPGRADE Vs Uninstall

Will be upgrading my video card to GeForce4 Ti4200, tonite. I am not a computer genius. Please advise if I have to uninstall and reinstall FS2002??...or simply install the card and when I execute the program it will recognize new hardware???????? Thanks:-newbie

Just install the card and the new video drivers (the installation instructions with the card will also tell you how to install the drivers). Nothing needs to be done with FS2002. If you're not running XP, I'd also recommend reinstalling DX8.1 AFTER the video drivers are installed (can't reinstall DirectX with XP).Trip

Thanks a lot Trip, unfortuantely I am running XP, so I guess I just stay with current version, I believe it is 8.0. Gotta go, can't wait to see what this card can do for my scenery.

You're OK. It's no big deal not being able to reinstall DirectX. WinXP ships with 8.1 and it doesn't need the DX reload after a driver install as Win98(SE) often does.