Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flying4Free

Needed: Seattle-Tacoma Intl. Scenery

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any Freeware scenery for Sea-Tac Intl. Does anyone know where I can find some? Freeware Please. Thanks all!

Guest mikehaska

The only one I know of was for FS98 and looks quite primitive nowadays. Are you using FS2002? The default SeaTac scenery is quite nice

Guest Heather 636

Try these, everything I currently have for Washington state and all available from the AVSIM file library:Bush Flying Unlimited, BFU, is a small outfit that operates in Washington state. It was formed by a group of bush pilots who have made a good name with customers. Lured by the wilderness of the Great North, they have set plans to expand their operations to SE Alaska. They have chosen Bold Island in the stunning surroundings of Ketchikan to set up their FBO for the North. This tiny, heavily forested, tear-shaped piece of land, lies a few miles southeast of Ketchikan and on the gates to the Misty Fjords. With construction just completed, the FBO features an airfield that can handle small and medium-sized props, a dock for floatplanes and boats, communication facilities, maintenance workshop and stores, a field office, and accomodation to house pilots on rotation basis. Hidden in the thick forests of the island, you will also find camping sites and vacation cabins. You will need the Airport textures. (JW)File name: bfunorth.zipBush Flying Unlimited FBOThis is the FS2002 home of "Bush Flying Unlimited". BFU FBO is a fictional airport, lying a stone throw away from Renton Municipal, WA. It has a single grass runway and docks for water airplanes. In order to see the trees (by Gerrish Gray) in this scenery, you will need to either download Naji's bush scenery Fox Outposts 2&3, with filename Fox23.zip, OR Gerrish Gray's trees library and textures. (RR) Filename: bfu.zip Added: 28th December 2001 Downloads: 1092 Author: Jure Dolanec Size: 1696kb KSEA Gate AddonThis gate addon increases the amount of gates at KSEA. Approx. 95% of the existing gates are included in this file. (JW)Filename: kseaafcad.zip Added: 20th April 2002 Downloads: 540 Author: Greg Taylor Size: 6kb mntsh2k2Mount Saint Helens 20 Meter Terrain Mesh Scenery for FS2002. This scenery contains Mount Saint Helens Washington and the Spirit Lake area. Made from 10 meter USGS DEM data. (CW)Seattle Intl Airport Update for AFCADThis update adds many (30+) gates. Bonus - both runways will be used. The longest runway will always be arrivals and the shorter runways departures. (CW)Filename: ksea-ml.zip Added: 22nd April 2002 Downloads: 1043 Author: Mike Lyons Size: 5kb Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Taxiway SignsDon't get lost on the ground anymore! This scenery adds all airport signs to the default FS2002 scenery. It has been designed to have next to no impact on framerates. (JW)Filename: kseasigns.zip Added: 14th May 2002 Downloads: 1203 Author: TaxiwaySigns.com Size: 114kb Tacoma Narrows Airport (TIW), Tacoma, WA. Located 15 Miles southwest of Seattle, Tacoma's 5000ft runway welcomes jets and GA airplanes. This is an upgrade of my fs2000 scenery. It features true fs2002 photoreal ground textures, water effects, and other fs2002 only features. All buildings on the airport are included with photoreal textures. (CW) Filename: tacoma2.zip Added: 29th January 2002 Downloads: 1734 Author: Bob Bernstein Size: 6084kb Have fun!!Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Oh yeah, almost forgot:File Description:This package consists of 38.2m (LOD=10) terrain covering 168 LOD=10 quadrants in the vicinity of Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams in southern Washington State. These files were compiled from 30m Digital Elevation Models obtained from The USGS National Elevation Dataset, EROS Data Center, Sioux Falls, SD. The DEM was verified using Manifold 5 and exported to ESRI .bil format. It was then resampled to 38.2m (LOD=10) using the Microsoft FS200x Terrain SDK. (CW)Filename: cascades_n38m.zipand:Pacific Northwest Landclass UpdateVersion B. This file will update the land classes using land use data from the USGS as compiled by Matt Fox. This results in much more detailed scenery than is available in the default scenery. Covers from Northern California through Oregon, Washington and extends north of Vancover BC. (MR)Filename: pnwlandclass.zip Added: 16th April 2002 Downloads: 945 Author: Neil Hill Size: 170kb These ought to keep you busy for awhile.Cheers!Heather

I have almost all of those, except for the bush flying one. Yes the default Sea-Tac is good, but i'm looking for a little extra. I do most of my flights out of Seattle. Thanks Heather636 & mikehaska!

N212NW I too do most of my flights out of SeaTac. I do have Lago scenery which really adds but of not indicative of actual buildings. I tried the Tacoma Narrows but it is really a dog on my 1.9ghz machine. I have not yet tried the landclass update but I believe you need to purchase something from the FSLandClass stuff. Not sure on that though. Maybe I will see you out flying since we are having this great weather!RegardsBobG

Great Weather, yes. 85 degrees at 4:07 pst. in Kitsap County.

Negative on the FSLandclass. There's a freeware Pacific Northwest landclass update by Neil Hill, if not in the library here, then at flightsim.com.I surprised you have trouble with the Tacomca Narrows scenery. It runs better on my 2gig machine then many of the bigger default airports.

Well I have not tried it again with my new G4 but I wouldnt expect it would increase frames that much. It was a real dog for me. Bob

Last fall I purchased abacus FSDS and designed the new Control Tower at KSEA which is located about a 1/4 mile North of the N.Sat term. it looks rather nice and I had thought about releasing it for others to enjoy but am wanting to refine it a little more.Below is a Screen of it......enjoy.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Thats the one!!!! It looks just like the real one. I was there just last week. I would like to have it if you have the time.RegardsBobG

Guest Flying4Free

OH YEAH!!! Finally! You've got to release that tower. Grrrrrrrreat Work.My default setting is SeaTac with the ATA 734 repaint. I tried the AFCAD for the gates but it somehow got rid of a lot of my default aircraft and put the ones remaining in one spot. I like the busy airport look, so I dumped it. Haven't used afcad add-on files since then. Hope to see your tower in the download section soon...(hint, hint).