Sign in to follow this  

FSFlightMax Forums???

Guest PhilC

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble getting into the FSFlightMax Discussion Forums? Only rarely will it display and then it could take as long as 10 minutes on a DSL connection to load.Any ideas?

I'm having the same problems too. Just can't get to it.Alex

No problems whatsoever. Straight in over last 2 weeksincluding just now.56kb modem connection.Perhaps you could clear out all internettemp files & come back after a cold reboot.Sounds like some corrupt file there.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest RonB49

Like Peter, I have had no problems at all. R-

Guest PhilC

Could it have something to do with the overseas connection? I'm in the US and have already tried the things you mention. All other sites work just great (even others in Australia). All I get is the forum's page header and that's where it stops.I just hope that John hasn't posted any important updates in the last 4 or 5 days.

Guest RonB49

Hey Phil, I'm in the States too (KSAT). Are you using an old link to get to the forums? Do you know that the forums have moved from www.simsystems.com.au/fsflightmax to www.fsflightmax.com ? Try it and let me know if you are still having problems (RonB49@aol.com). R-BTW -- It's been pretty quiet over there. John is getting geared up to beta test realtime FSMeteo support for FSFlightMax. R-

Guest PhilC

Yeah, I know that they moved but the link from their website to the forums is the same as before: http://www.simsystems.com.au/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi. When I go there from their main page this is the link that appears in the address bar.Have no idea. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.Thanks all.

I've use the new link also, and it still doesn't work for me. I'm in Southern California. I've let it sit and sit and sit. It never seems to timeout, just keeps waiting.I've tried clearing the browser cache for all of the browsers that I use. Still nothing. I've even tried using a different DNS server other than my own. Still nothing. I can get to the main site just fine, its just the forums that I can't get to. Getting ready to send an email off to the guys there.Alex

Guest PhilC

My experience exactly Alex, from Southern Texas. Never a time-out, just sits there.

Same problem here, from the Netherlands-has been like that for the last couple of days. Not the fsflightmax website, that is working properly-just the flightmax support forums.

Guest RonB49

Has anyone sent John an email to see if he can sort it out? R-

Guest PhilC

I sent John an email and here was his response:"Haven't had any other reports of this (yet) so not sure what the problem is... The forum url http://www.fsflightmax.com/forums is a redirect back to the simsystems domain so maybe there is a redirect problem with the browser. The direct link to the forums is http://www.simsystems.com.au/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi Please let me know if this direct link does not work. You may like to empty out your browser cache as well. Not sure how all that stuff works but you might be looking at a cached page each time you visit (even if you do a refresh). Thanks Phil, John"I have tried all suggestions and still can not get to the forums. As stated earlier, I can get to the main website fine, I just can't get to the forums.