Sign in to follow this  

BAe 146 Panel -- A/S Hold

Hey gang,I recently downloaded Matthias Lieberecht's BAe 146 panel for FS2002, and I've come across a slight problem. It appears (to me, at least) that the airspeed and mach number hold functions of the autopilot are a little...ah...tempermental. When I engage them, the throttles instantly cut back to zero and stay there, so I end up flying the throttles manually (which I can live with). I was just curious to see if anyone else had had a similar anomaly.Could it be the aircraft model? I'm using the IADG RJ85 from Precision Simdesigns, which is a FS2000 model, but I've never run into any problems with FS2000 aircraft thus far.(BTW, I had to reboot FS 3 times just to get any part of the autopilot working, so maybe I just need to run her through a couple more flights:))Thanks in advance,Matt

Hi Matt,Are you manually setting the speed bug (POSITION NUMBER 44 on the instruction guide) to desired speed BEFORE engaging the "IAS" (POSITION NMR "13")??VJ Carlo

VJ Carlo,Thanks for your reply. I went back in today and set the bug BEFORE I engaged the IAS hold, and that seemed to do it, except that she was very hesitant to accept any changes I made to the bug afterwards, as if the plane just held that first setting but no others. I still played around with it some and eventually got it to change, but it still seemed a little fussy. Oh well. At least I have some functionality now, and I'll from now on write down everything I do so I remember what works and what doesn't! ;)Matt