Sign in to follow this  

FSFlightMax - GREAT user support!!!

Hi.I know that FSFlightMax has been (very positively) reviewed here, and wanted to let everyone know about a fantastic experience I had with user-support for the program.After reading the reviews, I gave it a try since it's shareware. I liked it well enough that I purchased it. I was also intrigued by the on-screen chart option, so I went ahead and ultimately purchased a 50-pack of charts from Aeroplanner (they have a simcharts deal where you buy 50 outdated digital charts for $50 (you can then select and download them at your leisure -- sectionals, WACs, High Alt IFR, Low Alt IFR, ONC, etc).Unfortunately, upon loading one into FSFlightMax (it was Denver) what I saw was not even close to what shows up in the free, stand-alone viewer program you can use with the charts.I wrote a post to the FSFlightMax discussion forum. John, one of the developers, got back to me pretty darned quickly. He hadn't seen the error and couldn't reproduce it, but he did NOT dismiss my problem out of hand. He asked for more info. Meanwhile, one or two other folks reported similar problems. Over the course of a few days, I worked out things it was not (my OS, my card drivers, etc.) while John was looking at what it might actually be.Turn out it was a color quantization situation that affected SOME people, but not many. He added code to Flightmax (along with an ini entry to activate it).All is now well.The problem was not widespread. The problem was not one John could reproduce himself. He took my word (and screenshots) and trusted that when I presented additional info to him, I was on-the-level and not mistaken. He took extra efforts to try to fix the problem, and made the modified executable available for me and others to test.In about a week, the problem was resolved 100%.This kind of attention to user support is unparalleled! Given that, and given their commitment to further enhancements (such as additional FSMeteo support in conjunction with the FSMeteo author), I wanted to post to let as many people as possible know about my good experience with this really excellent FS2002 add-on.Thanks.--Tony