Sign in to follow this  

Improving visuals in FS2002 with graphics cards

Hi,I want to improve my frame rates /visuals in FS2002, and am in the market for a graphics card.My budget will allow me a GeForce 4 MX 440 at best;Does anybody have this card under FS2002 and are you happy with it?With my current configuration I am finding that the quality of the scenery especially at airports is not as advertised. I've tried tweakign the system - but even with framerate targets low and all sliders maxed out I don't get good results.My current config is:PIII750GeForce 256256 MB RAMWindows 2000.Thanks,PP.

I would save some more and get a MOBO with NewCPU and new RAM.You should be able to get it for not much more then a card I think.I use:Pentium3 866MHzGForce2 256 64MB DDR RAMAUSU CUSL-2 MOBO384MB RAM PC-133I would not buy a new card, only new PC.I think if your budged is not high you could buy:Good MOBO ex. ASUS P4B533 (this MOBO will serve you for long it should support Pentium4 Willamette CPU which are a lot cheeper then new Northwood but since your budget is limited then you can just buy a Good Northwood P4 2.2GHz later on when you have more dough)soMOBO ASUS P4B533P4 1.x MHZSome of the RAM PC2100/PC1600 DDR SDRAM (shouldn't be expensive)And a new Box.all your current parts like HardDrive, Sound card etc.. you can reuse.In Canada I can get all this for about $750 Canadian and that with 2.0MHz Northwood P4, so if you go with slower CPU you can still save little bit more. If you are from US then usually the prices are better down south + you have oportunity to buy on internet. If I bought on interent then the TAX man Revenue canada would charge me DUTY worth double the components so I have to buy in canada :-(Good luckBut final advice is don't bother with a new card, I do not believe that you will get any better performance then you already do. Better of with new system!

Guest PaulL01

You simply need a more powerful system, you could put a GF4TI4600 in your "box" (except that you can't) and you would still get similar results, to blame it on the card is an not accurate assesment of the situation and is an error on your part.

Guest PaulL01

>Hi, >>I want to improve my frame rates /visuals in FS2002, and am >in the market for a graphics card. >>My budget will allow me a GeForce 4 MX 440 at best; >Does anybody have this card under FS2002 and are you happy >with it? >>>With my current configuration I am finding that the quality >of the scenery especially at airports is not as advertised. >I've tried tweakign the system - but even with framerate >targets low and all sliders maxed out I don't get good >results. >>My current config is: >PIII750 >GeForce 256 >256 MB RAM >Windows 2000. >>Thanks, >PP. Dont waist your money on a GF4MX as you are already there with your current GF. You would be better off finding a bargan on a GF3TI200 as you will get more performance and better graphics than the GF4MX. A full blown GF4TI Card would be over kill on your system as it needs a fast CPU to feed it and at current GF4TI prices you would be much better off on a total system upgrade.Paul

I just built that system!Asus P4B533P4 2.2 ghz512 PC2700 DDR ramG/F 2 Pro 64 meg DDR (Latest Nvidia Det.Drvs)30gig 7500 Quantum Fireball HDXp Home (Clean Install)Faster than a speeding bullitt!More powerfull than a locomotive!yada, yada, yada.....It rocks!You would not be disappointed!Ed

Thanks to everyone for your advice,Much appreciated.PP.