Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

How big is your FS folder?

I was wondering how come my 80Gb HDD was suddenly feeling rather full, so I checked my FS2002 folder...10.3Gb. Whoa. I don't have anything else on my drive that takes up that much space. I think I'm downloading way too much :) What about you folks? How large are your installs?

Got me beat by a mile! :DMines "only" 4.25gb

My entire 40Gb hard disk currently stands at 9.3Gb, and that includes Windows ME, FS2002, FU3, FU2, Links LS 2000, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Deus Ex, and Jedi Knight 2 !However, I am only using FS2002 for flying in the UK, and I have only downloaded ONE extra aircraft. I do have some add-ons, but this is restricted to Gary Summons' UK 2000 airports.The breakdown is as follows:-Windows ME 881MbFS2002 2.62GbFU3 1.9GbFU2 212MbLinks LS 2000 769MbRTCW 692MbDeus Ex 1.09GbJedi Knight 2 671MbFuture expansions to this list will include Visual Flight's upcoming VFR scenery of the UK, Unreal Episode 2, and possibly Doom 3.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Mine is 2.4 GB but I have it compressed so it only takes up a little over a gig on the disk... :+ :)Cpudan80

Heh...I've got at least 100 add-on aircraft, UK scenery, all Simflyers' airports, LAGO's Schipol, a multitude of other textures, I think I've gone nuts :)My FS2000 wasn't even a quarter of what FS2002 has blown out to be.

Guest C17SimGuy

I'm with ya guys on this one:second 40Gig HD (for games only) has 9.3G sucked up by FS2000 and 11.1G eaten by FS2002. Here's the real kick in the pants though. . .I have a separate file for downloaded addons (both freeware and payware) for FS2002 in the FS2002 directory, and it is a whopping 7 Gigs of the 11.1. I think I need to stop checking for sweet new addons for the next month just so I can add everything. Then I'll take the next month to actually FLY and SEE everything. I think that is my worst problem. . .I've become addicted to downloading flightsim files!! I don't even fly much anymore, because I'm too busy downloading, adding on, and then just looking at it and saying "wow, that is cool!!!" What a nut-job. :7 (8-| drew (8-|

How true is that!I've downloaded so much stuff, yet I know I won't even see most of it. I've got airports I've never flown to and I know I probably never will, yet I got them just cause they were there. I bought the Simflyers airports, yet I've only been once to EGCC and I'm yet to fly to Rome, I've got aircraft which I've never flown, bah, I've got ones I haven't even gotten around to look at...Yes, we are complete nut-jobs :) It's an addiction. Like coffee and cigarettes weren't enough for me :D

Guest Dominik Mann

5.87 gig uncompressed, 3.77 gig compressed (Win 2K NTFS file compression enabled on aircraft folder) for me :-) .

That's one reason why I'm sticking to just the UK. It stops me from downloading stupidl large numbers of scenery add-ons. As for aircraft, I've only downloaded one. It might be worth liking this one A LOT.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18.72 Gigs Here, Looks like I might need to do some spring cleaning.... And just to think, I thought I was being selective about what I download!-------------Holding Short

Guest Vulcho

My whole FS2002 folder is 6.6 GB. And I don't keep the zip files.I have 128 folders of planes (excluding the other texture.1, .2, etc.)In total it tops over 200 diffrent planes.And I have 107 diffrent Splash Screens.Man that's a lot of 0s and 1s.http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

Guest Heather 636

At this stage, and still adding scenery, my FS2002 folder is at 5.71 gig. In my download folder for FS2002, files have totaled 2.73 gig, and most if not all of these are zipped.)This sim has created a monster out of me!! But God! isn't it fun!?;)Heather

Hi!I am at 20GB+. I took Naji's advice and created several scenery.cfg files.. it helps! :)Julian

5.40 GB out of 20. Im supriesed I thought I had 2 GB :(