Sign in to follow this  

GF4 4200 Drivers....

Guest PaulL01

Greg,>Hi Paul and John, >>First, Paul, I don't agree with memory bandwidth figuring >for 15% of FS2k2's performance. I have only seen between >1-3% differences, and have tested and documented these >results using a 1.2GHz T-Bird, using CAS2 PC133, KT133A chip >Epox board against a Shuttle AK31 (KT266A) and Crucial DDR, >all else being equal. Frame rates, smoothness, load times, >all remained within the margin of error. I didn

Greg, If you're still following this thread, at this point how does the GeForce 4 4200 compare to your Radeon 8500 using MSFS2k2?? I have a Radeon, and can't complain about framerates. But I do wish I could use 4x FSAA, but that seems to cause pausing and erratic running. I had been pondering getting the GF4200, but I fear there won't be too much improvement---what has been your experience, or does anyone else have direct knowledge of the relative performance of these two cards??Richard Ball

Guest Terblanche

What I find mind-boggeling is that I do not have any reflection on the water with my GF4 MX card and I was wondering why ...?Any ideas out there?RegardsTerblanche

Dick,It is a bit early yet, as the GF4 only arrived Friday and I might have 2-3 hours flying with it. Performance wise check this:Meigs, Cockpit View at 1152 and 2X AA; Radeon 27FPS, GF4 28Spot View: Radeon 36, GF4 19! My Default flight; Radeon 33, GF4 28So, ATI implements AA better, I would say at this point. However, without using AA the GF4 cranks along nicely, and I think has superior reflections, colors, and overall image quality.So far, that is my take on the two boards.Greg

Thanks Greg--your Radeon numbers are pretty close to mine.Dick