Sign in to follow this  
CactusDx

Can i fly with FSMETEO and FSWclouds?

Can i use Real Weather of the FSMETEo with the clouds os the utility Fs Sky World 2002?If I can, please, send one example for me ...

Alec, If you use FS Sky World, select your cloud set and start the sim via FS Sky World. Once you are up and running simply start FSMeteo and you will be all set. FS Sky World will randomize your installed cloud sets for you as you fly to give you some nice visual variations, and FSMeteo will generate the actual wx conditions. They function flawlessly together.Mike CKPHX

Guest Astrojet 112

Mike,Can FS METEO select the correct FSW cloud types for different layers?(as per real weather conditions)Astro

Yes, if you have cumulus you will have cumulus, If thunderstorm, you will have thunderstorm clouds etc. We always replace the same as default clouds type, you will never lost any formation. But in this area fs sky weather will be better with auto clouds feature, all clouds of the world types will be with the correct weather situation, this is why using one clouds pack is unrealistic. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest RichardL

Chris,Can you explain the difference between these: Real Edge Pack 1, Set 1 - 5Real Edge Pack 2, Set 1 - 5Real Pack, Puffy - DarkThunderstorm, Moderate - Killer Colored IIHow do I decide which to download? Do I look at the pics and select the ones I like the best?Thanks,Richard

Guest RichardL

Mike,I thought you could only install one per group? Real Edge Pack 1 has 5 sets. I believe you can only install one set since the file names are the same. Is that true?Richard

To my understanding, FS will only use one set at a time, but if you have all the sets available then FS Sky World will have a "library" of cloud sets to choose from to give you some nice visual variation.That's what I meant by "installing them all". I have all of the available sets on my hard drive and FS Sky World happily randomizes the sets for me as I fly along and FSMeteo provides the engine to generate the Wx. Mike CKPHX

Guest RichardL

Mike,Thanks for the explanation. I don't have FSMeteo "yet". Will FS Sky World do the same if I use the FS2002 real weather download?Richard

Richard,I don't see why not. You can set FS Sky World to randomize your cloud sets at a specified interval. I normally set it to change out cloud sets every 20 minutes on my airline-type flights. That's the only thing FSSW will do for you. It's not a weather generating engine of any type, so it will only display cloud sets for whatever weather is available. It shouldn't make any difference if it's the default FS generated weather or FSMeteo "real time" weather. Mike