Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FS METEO server not working right.....Do not use becaus

It will crash FS2002. When using Fs Meteo just now, FS2002 started freezing up with FPS going to less than 1. Shutting down FS Meteo fixed it. This has happened before and the cause is the server FS Meteo uses. It also crashed FS2002 on me. I don't have the author Marc's email but someone who does needs to tell him or it will be down all weekend and into next week.

Eric 

Guest Edam

FS METEO is working fine here at 2:30 PM eastern, and was working at the time of your first post. It doesn't crash FS, and the weather is correct.Addition: At least it is/and doesn't on my system.

Guest drobson

FSMeteoe has always worked just fine for me. There is sometimes an occasion where it will not connect, but that is pretty rare.Best add-on program that is available.Darrell

Hi PeopleI had a problem with it a few hours ago, havent tried it since but when it has problems downloading the weather the sim gets really stuttery and task manager says that Fsmeteo isnt responding so I shut Fsmeteo down and my frame rates were fine after, sometimes I then open up Fsmeteo again and then its ok after that, just the odd occasion. Ive got version 5.1 with Windows XP home.Craig Kiltie

Craig, yes, that is what it is doing to me and I got the same versions/OS as you. It is a server problem with FS Meteo that has happened before.

Eric 

Works fine for me, flew all night on Vatsim with it last night.

Darrell: I had severe problems today. Kept going into dutch rolls. I had just installed another network application layer, and the FS2002 travails spooked me into foolishly doing an uninstal. It was Meteo, not my app.Best,bt

It works for me always, even when people here have reported problems, but I seem to remember a similar thread that turned out to be a Europe/US internet problem: perhaps if people reported their physical location it would give a clue (I, for example, am in the Western U.S.).Also, I think it makes a difference what internet access you might be using, whether you've got a fireware, etc. etc. I'm using home DSL with no firewall.