Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Veer left and other problems

I've searched for what must be a common problem, but am at my wit's end.I just upgraded my computer to a AMD 1400 Thunderbird chip, 256K RAM and Ge3Force Ti-64 video card. I installed FS2002 Pro first after booting it up.I've struggled with lockups...in weather, with a Mooney and when moving the IFR panel. I've searched and tried many solutions on many different websites. I know lot's of people have struggled with and solved these issues. I tried the 22.49 drivers and went back to the 21.83 drivers. I have no hair left! It came out in clumps.Another unrelated issue...when I start taxiing, the planes veer off to the left dramatically. At first, I could restart the flight and that would solve it, but now, all the time. I can hardly get off the ground to see if flying in weather will freeze the plane up with fixes.I fly real planes with an instrument rating. I've just spend $1000 upgrading my computer and got a new CH yoke to boot.Sorry if these questions/issues have been answered a thousand times, but any help from the sim community would be appreciated.Thanks.

hithe veering problem you have,could be 2 things.1 if you haven't got rudders,make sure autorudder is ticked in the aircraft realism settings2 if you have got rudders,then they need calibrating properly,the best way is with pete dowsons fsuipc 2.85 version,that's got a really good calibrating section. good luck steveps any problems ive read about with the display are nearly all driver related.go back to drivers supplied with video card and see if they lock up(if you've done this already......ignore this advice)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about aircraft veering towards the left. The strange thing about this is that it doesn't happen at all airports ! Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, but I would like to know if there is one.Oh, and it doesn't have anything to do with the rudders.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks to both replies. It turns out my axes on my CH yoke were all wrong...they're right now and the yoke is working fine. No more rudder issues.I uninstalled my Kensington Trackball and just flew in clouds with a Mooney, so perhaps (until next lockup!) that was the issue....doing much better...medication is kicking in.Thanks.Rob

>I know EXACTLY what you mean about aircraft veering towards >the left. The strange thing about this is that it doesn't >happen at all airports ! Unfortunately, I don't have a >solution, but I would like to know if there is one. >>Oh, and it doesn't have anything to do with the rudders. >Must be them "slanted" to the left runways then!! :)I have not noticed any difference in the airports themselves. My simulated aircraft are quite consitant with left drift tendencies. I do believe that rudder pedals are a must though. Without them, the sim seems too sensitive & squirrely! With them, unless the air.file is way off, the amount of right rudder required is just about right & nearly perfect in some 3rd party add-ons or default modications. L.Adamson