Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

DX8.1 and weird things in FS

Guest RiddlePilot

I run the system posted in my signature. I recently purchased F1 2002 which requires DX 8.1. I installed both the game and the new DX, and it ran fine...very happy. When I went back to FS, though, panning around the plane in spot view causes disappearing sections of aircraft, lines flashing all over the screen, and sometimes even blackouts of the sim. Its all graphical issues...doesn't cause any system mess-ups. I formatted and started all over, as this is the only way I know to downgrade a DX installation. Can anyone help, as I'd like to be able to go back to F1 as well.Thanks

Guest Staalplaat

I've exactly the same probs and I was not able to find any solution for it. As soon as I install DX8.1 the problems begin. I've come to the conclusion that they are T&L related because switching T&L off in fs2k2 improves the situation somewhat.My solution to this problem is to have a dual win2k (pro) install with one only for fs2002 with DX8.0a.

It could be the 29.42's as there have been several reports of GF3 problems with these drivers. Have you tried an older driver version?Trip

Guest RiddlePilot

I went back to the 21.83s that came on the CD. Still the same problems.

Hi all.You may not be aware, but DirectX 8.1 has more than one version. I had problems with the version shipped with FS2002 as well. I downloaded the Offical redistribution version, installed right over my old version, and my problems disappeared!DirectX 8.1 SDK site Look for the "DirectX8.1 Redist" button on the right of the page.Microsoft denies the versions are different, but they are.Also, if you have the DXDiag applet, it now works correctly.Anytime you change hardware or drivers, rerun the install for DX8.1, to insure the drivers are properly synched with directx.