Sign in to follow this  
Guest bawheavy

Engines Off on Startup

Guest bawheavy

Hi,In the Intro tutorial for engine startup, it says that the airplane should be entirely shut down. If it is not, it should be reloaded. I can't get my airplane to be fully shut down though. Whenever I load the sim the plane is always running. How do I get it to be shut down on startup? Do I have to turn on an option like I do with the PSS Airbus?Thanks for any help.

Guest coimbra

HIyes, i reported this situation already and it stays from the first releasecoimbra

Liam,It is true that there is as yet no C&D and that it seems that the engines are always running no matter how many times you reload the plane, but there is an easy solution.Start your FS with the default chessna at the airport and gate you would like your flight to start.(choose gate from menu or slew, whatever).Switch off the batteries an turn off the engine (all the way to OFF) but leave the avionics switch to the ON position!!!Now change to the 600/700 and save the flight!! You can make it the default if you like but you now atleast have a C&D for the PMDG planeThe only thing you have to change manually every time you load the situation (but only when you're a stickler for detail) is that you have to (before starting your checklists) flick the Fuel Cut-off switches (throttle quadrant) to OFF(down)Have FunWillem