Sign in to follow this  

How did he make this Real Player vid? It's incredible!

Have you guys seen this landing clip made (or copied) with Real Player? How did he do it? Do you have to purchase the "High End" version to do it? I would love to make some clips to have access to some replays outside of FS2k2 like this.Anyway here's the d/load page......ck it out!http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002miscI gotta figure out how to do this!

There's a thread on this forum (it's probably a few weeks old so you'll need to do a search) about making your own .AVIs of FS. It basically boils down to: if you want the best quality, you'll need to have vid out from your display card (nearly all the newer dual monitor cards offer this) and some such vid capture card (like Dazzle) and the appropriate software.I actually have this setup on two computers: one running FS (with vid out) and the other doing the capture, but you can do it on one (and there are all kinds of solutions, so make sure you search on the thread and look at one author in particular has been doing). It's really pretty cool, although I'd rather spend my time flying than capturing....

Thanks, I did a search and found some info on a "cam" utility, but I want to know how he did this with Real Player. It looks really good with what he used in Real Player.

Greeting All,After it is captured, you can then use an edit program which will allow you to save in any of the popular formats. This includes burning a dvd disc with dvd quality if you have the hardware. You can also burn a CD with MPEG1 or MPEG2 (DVD quality). We have Ulead Video Studio for editing and creating fast moving/interesting video from numerous "footage" from various views.Our Father's day video capture card will be here next week and we would be happy to make a video of your product, Freeware or Payware. Using the free "camstudio" software failed to provide the needed quality. See http://mtco.com/~rsam/intro.htm for additional thoughts.If you would like to see an example of my grandson riding/junping his old BMX that I did with my new Fuji camera, send us an email. It is 30 seconds and about 3 mb. A little faster moving then the landing video of John's.We are rsam@mtco.comRegards,Bob..http://www.mtco.com/~rsam/Bobbie2.gif

Hi there...I'm the guy that did the RA RM video you are chatting about (sorry I did'nt put a "readme" with the vid - I plain forgot)Anyways....it's very late now and I have to get some sleep but I will fill you in tomorrow...BTW...Real payer etc did not do the video...I just converted it to real format after I captured etc...warm regardsJohn.

Hi all.Ok..here's how I produced the .RM files. (and if anyone has an alternate method for producing a high quality level please let me know)..BTW...I do not have a capture card etc..I use software only.Before I begin, let me explain first that you will need Corel 9 (or 10), Real producer, and at least 2-3gigs free space..not many guys will have all of that.Basically....I "capture" an FS replay in windowed mode with the window reduced to the size you see in the vids more or less...by using the Corel Capture program...(there is a 2GIG limit to the AVI filesizes)....This is all done at 20% speed on the replay in FS. Then I format the resulting AVI file by running it through Corel PhotoPaint, and cropping out the window "frame" from the original capture, and set the milliseconds between frames to around 80-100ms. I then generate THAT new AVI file... Now I run that new AVI file through [Real Producer] which converts it to the "real" .RM format...(and VASTLY reduces it's size)... That's it in a nutshell.Note...The original .avi file will be close to 2gigs on a replay speed of 20% for 100 secs of of the replay in FS.After clipping in Photopaint, it comes down to about 1.5 gig..The file can be saved in other formats [mpeg,mov etc], but the file sizes are still 100 megs or so.Real Producer has IMHO one of the best codecs I have seen for VAST reduction in filesize with not much loss of quality.Sorry this is a rather complicated method, and will not be helpful to many of you looking to do this sort of thing...It has always ###### me off that Microsoft did not develope a tool that would capture FS flights directly, as easily as saving replays...but oh well.Warm regardsJohn.footnote...Another fellow from years back descovered this method and explained it to me...I have just spent some time over the years trying to perfect it....it's not my "descovery" :-))

Thanks John.You did a great job with the vid, btw! Thanks!!!

Where do find Real Producer? Is that the same company that makes the Real Player? I looked at their site, and I did not see any reference to the Producer product. Just wondering!Keith

Yes, you can get it from them. Don't know where, probably somewhere deep deep down :-)