Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

Kent, UK Interest?

Hi,Im new to this forum as a poster! but I am currently working on scenery for Kent in the UK. I have only started to learn how to do scenery design these past couple of weeks and things are going well.What I am interested in is whether there is much interest for seaside towns and town scenery for this corner of the UK and if you live in a kent town and would like a particular building or building's to be added to your fs2002 and you have a digital camera and you would like to help with this project then please email me to let me know. please note that I do not intend to sell this scenery but provide it as freeware as soon as its ready.Some screens below.My efforts so far.Canterbury.Herne Bay.Thanks Steve UK

Guest Boogie

Dear Steve,Those look excellent - I especially like Canterbury Cathedral. You couldn't do my local cathedral (and castle) at Rochester could you? Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera.Will the scenery work with the (superb) Visual Flight mesh?Regards,Boogie.

Hi,My plan is to do the castles and cathedrals across kent with real textures just like canterbury cathedral and other land marks will include Brands Hatch, Dungeness Nuclear powerstation, Sheppey Bridge, And most major Ports such as dover. The scenery will work with Visual Flight Mesh as this is what is running with the scenery now, Sussex would be next but all I need is some quality photos taken from atleast front and side of a building or castle and I can make something pretty lifelike from that, so any help would speed up the scenery development.Anyway I will release areas as they are complete!Cheers Steve, UK

Also Steve, be aware that there is some new textured UK scenery coming out soon which uses texture maps which are from the getmapping website so when you are flying England and Wales its like flying over a 3d mapped image. I dont know how buildings are going to work but I guess you could just put those models youve done over the top of the mapped images I guess and then when you get to a certain height they disappear and you see the mapped image instead.That first piccy was so real looking that I thought it was a photo, it was only a second glance of the flightsim like houses behind which made me realise it wasnt.Really nice work btwCraig

Steve,How long will it take you to do the entire UK ? :-lolSeriously though, we could do with a few people like yourself creating accurate models of major landmarks across the UK. Then we could combine these with those photographic textures mentioned above, and have the best FS2002 scenery anywhere in the world !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fantastic! I live in Herne Bay. Well actually Osborne Gardens in Beltinge, but it's the same thing. That third pic shows the stretch of coast I walk along to get home from town each day. I see you've even done Reculver :-)All we need now is an accurate UK mesh that shows the Downs and the cliff at Reculver.Cheers.

Steve, That's looking really great. I have a brilliant friend who lives in Canterbury for uni and your scenery would provide a great depth, and new feel to the area for when I'm wasting my time flight simming in this part of the world that I can only wish to be in. I know I'll be eagerly awaiting its release.:-smile12 MattBrissy;Australia

those look fantastic! i thought the cathedral pic's were photo's at first too :)

Nice to see you like my work.I need to feel there is some interest for me to keep up this work.Yes I have done Reculver Towers and I have done the now deceased Power Station complete with cooling towers and Petrol Stations which is a major landmark when coming into Manston. I also Plan to do scenery for the massive Company Called Pfizer but im a little worried about taking photographs without being put in jail but I will try as this is where I work.I have been flying around kent without anything interesting to look atfor to long now and I have waited for some scenery for ages which has never come.Although The Uk2000 scenery at http://www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/index.htmReally does improve east kent airportsIf anybody has a digital camera and would like to help then please let me know. :)Cheers Steve UK

Guest Richard_H

Hi Steve,The scenery looks terrific. This is good for me, as I fly out of Headcorn when I am in the UK.The only other notable Visual Reference Point, which you can see practically everywhere in Kent are the big white roofs of the shopping mall at Ashford. Not very pretty, but it is really useful as there isn

Great stuff. Any chance you could do the Brighton coast, with the marina, the piers, Royal Pavillion etc.CheersAlaister

Alaister Kay