Sign in to follow this  

Routes not in database

I have Richard's 304 Airac data for PIC767. On the FMC init page I can enter airports fine, but when I get to the routes page no matter what I try to enter I get the message "Not In Database." I have verified the all VOR's. MDB's, Intersections, etc ARE in the database.I am trying to add to following flight plan:KATL ATL SOONE ICBOD OTK NECOS FAGAN HITTR KRNEL LAL DBV WINCO DHP KMIAWhy won't the FMC recognize anything on the Routes page? How do I get a route in?Cuyler Smith

Cuyler,Just a few to things to try and look at. First pls verify the correct path for the installed airac (drive:fspathFMCWPNavData)Secondly , when entering the fp on the RTEpage are you entering them on the right side of the screen, the left side is for airways and third, what happens if you try to input the fp on the LEGS page instead.Just a few thoughts, hope one of those turns out to be the answer. Oh and by the way, don't know if this is important or not but did you first fill in departure and arrival airports?? And don't fill in the departure airport on the LEGS or RTE page , start of with the first waypoint.Oh, and one more , if you go to the DEP/ARR can you select a rwy and sid for KATL???Willem

Willem has some good points. I would have thought about the correct path to the navdata folder as the first potential issue followed by you not pushing the NEXT PAGE BUTTON on the RTE page to enter the route ;). [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest mruane

Hi Cuyler. You have enough competent people helping you here, but if its any use at all, when I tried to enter my flight plan into the Route page I got the same error for waypoints that I also new existed. However I was entering them using the left select keys (LSK). When I entered them again but using the right select keys (RSK) they were all accepted.

Mike,You have the Answer! I was trying to enter on the LSK. RSK works.Thanks.Be glad when they publish a manual for the FMC. Trying to learn it the hard way right now.Cuyler Smith