Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

Looking for 747 default JAL Liveries

would be much obliged for link or direct e-mail to me.

There are none. Actually, there is one new cargo variant that has become available on AVSIM in the last week or so. Considering that JAL has the largest fleet of 747s in the world this seems rather strange.It's probably because of the default 744s "one-sided" textures. MS, in a weak moment, decided to go with a texture that is only accurate for the left side of the aircraft. The right side uses the same texture by "flipping" it. The problem this creates is that text or asymetric logos are backwards on the right side. The MD80 has the same problem. The decal texture is used to create text labels on the 747, but these look terrible in my opinion.Project AI has recently released a "two-sided" 743 and 744 that will make accurate liveries possible on a frame-rate friendly model. So far they have not released any JAL aircraft, but I'm sure that will change relativly soon.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey there Dimon!, well here are two sites that have JAL and some other ASIA textures for the default 777's, 747's MD-83's and Dash8's!! Some is not in English but just Download the plane the same way! They are Moslty ZIPS!! One of the SItes requires you to have a Program that can open LZH Zip files! There was a post on where to get this program from, and I forgot where i got mine! But try and ask here or do a search in the Archives! Well here are the 2 sites! Enjoy MIKE-:) http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/m28hama/fs2k.htmhttp://www.cam.hi-ho.ne.jp/urakawa-t/top2.htm

thanks, HeavyFan for your attention. However, I've already seen those sites several weeks ago and JAL 747 has't been included in their collections.

HeavyFan,The Bekkoame site is very nice. There is, in fact, a JAL default 747 there. There are two actually. I had to download some damned thing called "Pika the Rabbit" to uncompress the .lzh files, but that was amusing, and it worked, so what the hell. I guess I can live with Pika so long as I can get some cool new planes.I looked and looked for Japanese AI aircraft on lots of sites floundering around clicking on random Japanese characters trying to find stuff. I guess that will teach me to ask at the forums. Thanks for the tip.I think I'll send the webmaster of that site an email and see if I can't convert some or all of those aircraft and post them to Avsim.

I downloaded all zip programs and patches for them that exist in the Net but, sadly, I was unable to decompress those japanese files.

Dmitriy,If you send me your email, I'll send you the "Pika the Rabbit" program so you can uncompress them. I know you probably think I've lost my mind, but it works.

So far, I have counted five different Japan Air liveries of the default 747. The sites mentioned above have the standard JAL livery, Resocha, and JAL Cargo.You can find a couple JAL "Dream Express" liveries on this website. They are repaints of the default 744... could be used for AI :)http://isweb35.infoseek.co.jp/diary/tstrz/You will need a program called Lhasa to extract these files which can be found here:http://member.nifty.ne.jp/takechin/archives/lhasa017.exeBrandon

Guest HeavyFan

Hey DIMON your Welcome!! But I do not understand why you say they do not have any JAL Liveries for the Default 747?? There is plenty in those web sites for the JAL Livery!! Oh well maybe you missed it!? Look again MIKE-:)