Sign in to follow this  

Current A340 Operators

I was going to repaint an A340, and was looking to see which airlines operated them, specifically US carriers. I found that no US carriers had A340s in their fleet. Is this true? It probably is, I've never seen an A340 in any US based airline's livery. I found that between 1989 & 1991, Northwest had an order for 24 A340-300s. & Continental had an order for 7.

I wonder why no US airlines have A340's ? Mind you, I don't think that any UK airlines have them either. Come on British Airways, what are you doing ? A few A340-500's in the near future would be nice.Air Jamaica have these aircraft in their colourful scheme.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Virgin Atlantic are the only users of A340s in UKThey are also launch customer for A340-600.Craig

Well, someone at Boeing must have s--- a brick when Northwest ordered all those A330's to replace all of there DC10's with over the 777. That had to hurt.

Eric 

Yes, and NWA ordered 36 of them. one of only 2 US operators of the A330 now (NWA, US Airways). Someone at Boeing would have REALLY s*** a brick if they would have ordered the A340s, but it seems as if Boeing talked them out of it. Same goes w/ Continental.

Well, Airbus isn't crying too much, try to count the number of A319, A320, and A321's that now live at U.S. carriers.BTW, I believe the Air Jamaica A340's are ex-Air Canada. After 911, and a general slump in the industry, Air Canada dumped a few of their leased A340-300's.

BWIA have got one A340 about now - and another's expected to join later this year, to replace their 3 L1011's. I think both had seen service previously with Air Canada. I'll be flying out to Antigua on the Tristar in July, and returning on the A340 - my first flight on the type.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/246710/M/Rob