Sign in to follow this  
Guest sludge

Excellent package but fs2002.exe still runs after exiting FS2K2

Guest sludge

Robert, Lefteris, et alI'm am truly impressed with the quality of this product and it is my new standard for aircraft/panels (using FS2k2 with your latest update patch, haven't gone to FS9 yet). I'm learning some tuning tricks so the frame rates are acceptable and the stuttering is almost non-existent. So I'm very pleased with what you have accomplished.Question: Is it possible that there is a module in your package that would cause FS2002.exe to continue processing after exiting FS2K2? The reason I ask is that after flying your airplane this always happens, and in fact it is still processing as I write this, some 30 minutes after I quit FS2k2. I also use the SSW A310 and it used to make FS2002.exe continue processing as well, but SSW acknowledged that, said one of their modules was causing the hangup, and have revised the module (and apparently fixed the problem) in their latest release. I've flown the updated A310 three times with no residual fs2002.exe processing.So, is it possible that one of your modules is causing the continued processing after exiting the flight sim? Again, wonderful product, really good work you guys, and thanksCheers

Guest bigun

I get the same thing. If you start up 2004 5 times, the FS9.exe is running in the background 5 times after exit. I'm not sure it's the PMDG or,,you don't by any chance have the SSW A310 installed also do you?George Stoddard

Guest sludge

George:Yes I do (I sorta thought that was clear from my original post). If I fly the SSW A310 (updated) then no residual fs2002.exe processing. If I fly the PMDG 737NG (original and latest update) then I get residual fs2002.exe processing. Both airplanes are installed on my system.Thx

Guest bigun

Oops, :) I was half asleep when I read your post. Looked right over the part about SSW.George Stoddard

Guys,I think I've found the culprit and a way to solve. Well actually it's just a work around but it works ;-)SSWA310.DLL is definitely the one causing the .exe to remain (partially) in memory after the shutdown, BUT only if the A310 has never been loaded. If you switch to the A310 and then back again to any other plane you wish to fly (or do this before exiting the simulator) then the problem does not occur.Atleast this is true on 3 different machines that I've tested...So pls try this and let me know if this is really the solution or just a fluke thing on those machines I saw.Willem

Guest bigun

I kind of figured the ssw.dll was the problem. It seems like it messes with a lot of stuff. Hopefully it will get ironed out pretty wuick. For now I'm just taking it out of the folder unless I plan on flying the 310(which isn't very often untill they get the bugs ironed out) :) Had to do that in 2002 for any RealityXP stuff anyway.Thanks for the heads up.George Stoddard

Guest sludge

Willem:You da man.....I mean, your discovery seems to work as described. Thanks!!

Guest Ian_Riddell

Er.... I don't have the A310, Willem. Which file should I delete to get FS2002 to exit properly? ;-)Anyone else still having the boot-up problem (I still have to wait 6~7 minutes for the PMDG sim to load (post-SU1v2))?Thanks.Cheers.Ian.

Sorry Ian,No quick and dirty for you I'm afraid ;-(You seem to be having a different problem alltogether. Noone complains about the extreme loading times and even before the wait was in most cases no more than 30 seconds or so. If the rest of your system is responsive then you must have another addon ordriver that conflicts with whatever is causing this. Do you still have the shutdown problems when the PMDG-plane is not installed????Willem

Guest Ian_Riddell

"No quick and dirty for you I'm afraid ;-("No worries, Willem ;-)"Do you still have the shutdown problems when the PMDG-plane is not installed????"None at all... I just removed the PMDG 737NG a few moments ago... courtesy of the great PMDG removal tool... and then rebooted FS2002. The only other aircraft add on I have, PIC 767, takes less than 30 seconds to load up (including scenery, artificial traffic, etc) and when I shut down FS2002 after using it, the shutdown process was almost instantaneous (Confirmed by checking with the Task Manager).Other than scenery, PIC is the only add-on I have... and I don't want to delete that for obvious reasons. I suppose I could create a mirror version of FS2002 and load up PMDG on that to see if it makes a difference??? (I have 20GB remaining on my Hard Drive, but I'd really like to save it for something else).Thanks anyway :-)Cheers.Ian.

Ian, I think there is something going on with the PMDG dll. I have tried to run this a/c with a utility for my VA. It's called Active AirSource and sends data from the simulator to the website for flight following and PIREPs. Now no other a/c I use has freeze ups when using AAS but the 73G does.I am going back to Airbus until all bugs are sorted with this a/c. When will I ever learn to keep my money for 6 mths, then buy the add-on?LOLOuta here,