Sign in to follow this  
Guest CFG3430

Two problems after patch

Guest CFG3430

Hi Gents737-700 with SU1 running cool on fs2002, excelent plane! But:I still have two problems not solved and would appreciate a step by step guidline to get rid of these two:1. FMC opens up at a very small size (could be a little bigger!) and on the wrong side of the 2D Panel: I am used to have it on the bottom right side (as real) and as I have it in PIC2. Throttle window is huge (after patch) [Patch was done after complete de- and reinstallation!] The window is too big and covers the MAZOFTRI buttonsWho has got it right, and can explain again

Guest CFG3430

bumpFredThanks for your help concerning sidstar, any idea about this problem?

Ansgar,I had these problems after installing the second patch without first using the remove tool to do a really clean install. I would advise you follow the full ritual of removal and install and see if this fixes your problems. If it does'nt then you can always resize and reposition the throttle and fmc to size and place that you like..WillemP.S. undock before you can resize

Guest CFG3430

Willem and all>advise you follow the full ritual of removal and install>and see if this fixes your problems. If it does'nt then you>can always resize and reposition the throttle and fmc to size>and place that you like.I did that (remove and then reinstall and patch twice!!) but I have this problem! And I do want a smaller throttle quadrant from the start (It covers the 2/3 of the screen!!) and I want to find out how to make the FMC to come up bigger (writing from right side and left side are crossing and it is almost unreadable - and it covers the MAZ...... buttons

Guest ba747heavy

Did the installer give you any errors during the install?I bet your panel.cfg didn't get updated. What is the last modified date on it?BTW, your welcome for the SID/STARs :-hah

Guest polarair

Maybe a bit of topic but after the upgrade i cont get the windows to undock so i can put them on other displays.I'm i forgeting something stupid, or are my eyes just getting weaker after a 8 hour flight over the USA.PS it handels great over the atlantic. just one stop for fuel in GANDER.Mike HorstenPolarairways.comThe Gateway VA to the NorthBased At EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol)

Guest CFG3430

>BTW, your welcome for the SID/STARs :-hahDid I not thank You??? Oh very sorry! I apreciated your email very much. Can u excuse?>I bet your panel.cfg didn't get updated. What is the last>modified date on it?It is 01.08.2003>Did the installer give you any errors during the install?>>I got no (zero) errors.but I have a slight idea, I will try that later: I start from a "prepatch saved situation" maybe that is causing it?

Guest ba747heavy

>>BTW, your welcome for the SID/STARs :-hah>>Did I not thank You??? Oh very sorry! I apreciated your email>very much. Can u excuse?Whoa man, whats up? I was recognizing the fact that you were thanking me for the SID/STARS. You have no right to jump down my throat.I was taught the conversation was supposed to go something like this:person 1: Can you please do/think/make/consider such and such?person 2: Yes/no I can do/think/make/consider such and such for you.person 1: Thank you!person 2: Your welcome.YMMV.>but I have a slight idea, I will try that later: I start from>a "prepatch saved situation" maybe that is causing it?Yes, that could be the cause of it.

Guest CFG3430

Hi FredI think we have ( I hope "had") a small missunderstanding here: This is 100% due to my missing ability with expressions and expressing myself in english. I for example have no idea what "You have no right to jump down my throat." means, but I am sure that it is not exactly what I want, although I am an anaethesiologist in real life and therefore come close to peoples throats almost every day.What I wanted to say is just: Thanx for sending me the SIDSTAR file.Your sentence: "BTW, your welcome for the SID/STARs :-hah" in a german conversation! could have been meant ironic like if someone forgets to say thank you.But I Hope we can get that straight again.and by the way: Loading via standard "Meigs Field" solved it.

Guest ba747heavy

Ansgar,Yes, I think there was a small communication issue ;-) My 'BTW...' comment was not meant as ironic, thats for sure :)Glad to see you got it working!