Sign in to follow this  

Autothrottles

Whenever I engage the autothrottles on the PDMG 737NG, the airspeed returns to zero knots and the airplane enters a stall. Can anyone shed light on what to do to use the autothrottles?

Guest ba747heavy

What is the current thrust mode as indicated on the PFD? FMC SPD, N1, SPD, ARM? Is your AP on?

Autopilot is not on for takeoff...the FMC is loaded and ready to go. I set the speed window for 250 KIAS. I lineup on the runway, manually advance the throttles, then engage the TOGA button. The throttles runup per normal operation, then 10-15 seconds later the throttles retard to idle. The same retarding happens when I engage the AT in flight.

Guest ba747heavy

Ah OK, this sounds normal(I think ;-)) What it is doing is trying to slow your speed down to the FMC commanded spd(NOT the same as your MCP SPD). Check your PFD next the the throttles do what your describing and see what the commanded speed is.

I programmed the FMC to fly at 250 KIAS below 10,000 MSL. So I what else could the problem be?

When I line up on the runway, I have FD on, Auto throttle armed, my speed on the MCP set to V2 + 10 and my heading set to what direction I am facing and when I push TOGA switch everything works fine for me. Hope this helps. :)

Guest ba747heavy

>I programmed the FMC to fly at 250 KIAS below 10,000 MSL. So>I what else could the problem be?Are your flaps up? If not, the commanded airspeed will NOT be 250 kts. It will be the proper speed to be flying at that flap setting. If your flaps are up, then something is not right, and it would be helpful to know exactly what configuration your plane is in when you get this problem.

Guest amerton

I read in one of the posts that it might be an issue related to a bad version of FSUIPC.The people who experienced this could return to a working sim by re-installing the whole lot.I suggest you download the un installer from our site and re-install. The problem should go away.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Configuration is as follows: Gear Down, Flaps 5, Speed brake armed, Autopilot not armed, Autothrottle ARMED.

Where is the un-installer located? I looked at the precision manuals website and could not find it

Guest neil_c

A tip from the real world... before takeoff, MCP speed should be set to V2, ie. don't add anything to it. In TOGA mode, the autopilot flight director system will calculate a V2+20 value to drive the flight director pitch bar once a positive climb is establishedPMDG have modelled this by bumping up the speed bug by 20 knots when you engage TOGA. In reality, the speed bug should stay at V2 while the flight director pitches for V2+20. Bit of shame it doesn't do this :(Neil.