Sign in to follow this  
Hakkie

Engine and doors selection

Hi all,Most of the time I am unable to select engines with the E key. I can only select engine 2 by pressing and holding the E AND 2 key a while. Selecting engine 1 in the same manner works, but there is no way I can select both engines again. I try pressing and holding E+1+2 but only engine 1 or 2 is selected. I try pressing E,1,2 very quickly, no luck. Only when I reload the aircraft in FS2004 both engines are selected again.I have the same problem with the doors. Door #1 is no problem, but any higher numbered exit is not selectable.Again: sometimes selecting engines/exits is fine, but 90% of the time I have these problems. I do select the proper aircraft with multiple exits.In FS2002 I have exectly the same problems with PSS A32x package. I was hoping it would be solved for me in FS2004 :-(Tips/suggestions anyone?Thanks,Henk-Jan

Henk-Jan,Fast and dirty but..Erase the engine select key assignment. That way you'll never get into the trouble with havuing to engage both engines! :-)Also reassign the door key to E. This way it is easier to open the cargo bay doors and the aft door.Hope it helps,

Mats, I did as you suggested. However, I still loose possibilty to control the 'extra' doors every now and then. Last evening all doors worked fine, but after flight preparation and engine start only the main exit reacts. When I press E follwed by 2 or 3, only the main exits opens/closes. :-hmmm Could it be related to the keyboard repeat settings in th BIOS and/or XP?Thanks for you help!Henk-Jan

Henk-Jan i'm having the same problem. The keys get mixed up after going to panel or vc view and then back to spot view. When i stay in spot view it works fine. Don't know a solution yet :(Gerrit

Guest foophonic

having the same problems with the doors and air-stairs.By adding an exit rate in the aircraft.cfg file i was able o get the main door and the otherdoor/cargo doors to open but i am unable to get the airstairs to work

Henk-Jan,When you need to select an engine, is that for starting the engine? I used to have these problems prior to the patches. Now I follow the normal 737 engine start sequence and I don't have touch the E key for any engine selections. Someone suggested that we should move the door selection from SHIFT/E to SHIFT/D to avoid conflicts. I have done this and it works very well for the main door.Like you I still can't get the other doors to open the way I would like, but I think that will be worked out in time.I am much more concerend about the center wing tank going empty and causing a engine flame out even though there is fuel in the wing tanks. I know the PMDG team is looking into this problem.CheersBob JohnsonDENVER

Hi Bob,Engines:Well, in fact I was just playing around with engine failures etc. So I wanted to control throttle of one engine only. This works, but I'm unable to re-select both engines after both are running again. Starting up the engines via the panel switches works fine, but my throttle movements only affect one engine. Only after reloading the aircraft both engines respond to the throttle again.Doors:I too have Shift-D assigned to doors. However, I still have problems as soon as I exit from cockpit view. When I load the plane from a saved situation with spotview active, all doors work fine. Then I enter the cockpit and go back to spotview: only exit 1 reacts.I believe this engine and doors selection problem is not specifically PMDG related, as I had the same with PSS Airbus (in FS2002). But then again, it's not a major issue. Just keep both engines running and all doors closed ;-) Indeed fuel flow etc. need much more attention than this.Anyway, thanks for your reply!Henk-Jan