Sign in to follow this  
Guest neil_c

Engine idle fuel flow incorrect since patch on FS2k2

Guest neil_c

I've noticed the idle fuel flow has doubled since the patch to 0.6 tonnes/hour per engine when on the ground. Hey, better not spend too much time taxying!However, once airborne they idle at the original 0.38 tonnes/hr. Hmm, I suspect a bodge to fix the idle taxy characteristics! A shame really, as it ruins the stable start checks where we look for the magic numbers 2, 4, 6, 3:20% N1400C EGT60% N20.3 tonnes/hr fuel flowDuring the landing roll, the fuel flow does not increase from the airborne idle 0.38 tonnes/hr when applying reverse thrust. When cancelling reverse, the fuel flow immediately jumps to the dodgy ground idle value of 0.6 tonnes/hr.I heard that the idle taxy characteristics were an FS2002 limitation. So are the idle fuel flow values correct when using FS2004?Neil.

Hi NeilI think this is a draw back from the changed taxi charasteristics that were implemented by PMDG upon demand from us, the customers. I for one would rather have good taxi behaviour than true-to-life taxi fuel burn. FS2004 has the same bad sticky ground as FS2002 so you'll have to live with it in FS2004 as well. Just double that calculated taxi fuel! ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest neil_c

Hehe, "sticky ground" :DThanks for the info.Neil.