Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

ATT: PMDG the fuel bug needs still a hotfix

hi guysnice work you made. but there are still some bugs left that would require a post-su1 fixas you can see in my screenshot i amlocated 73nm from VOR KLO LSZH is my destinationthere are approx 16'000 lbs of fuel left and the FMC says "insufficent fuel"thats pretty weird.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30539.jpg

Hi there,there are a couple of oddities in the screenshot. First, why is there fuel missing from the wing tanks, when there's still fuel in the centre tank? Also, did you complete all the required pre-flight pages on the FMC? Unless you took off from a vineyard, your altitude at Rudus Int should not have been '0'. It looks as if information regarding position and weight was not entered into the FMC prior to the flight.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

GostaI remember from the DreamFleet days that Wing tanks should be full before needing any fuel in the center and that the center if any gets burned first.Could you verify this?Best RegardsTed

Hi Ted,as far as I know, this is true for all jets - the centre tank should be emptied first. The PMDG 737 does do that under normal circumstances, if all fuel pumps are on, it will not touch the wing tanks until the centre tank fuel has been used up.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest ilh

My understanding is it is easier on the airframe to have the weight in the wings where lift is being generated rather than in the fuselage which is pretty much a dead weight.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest Ian_Riddell

"as far as I know, this is true for all jets - the centre tank should be emptied first. The PMDG 737 does do that under normal circumstances, if all fuel pumps are on, it will not touch the wing tanks until the centre tank fuel has been used up."I don't know if this is the case with the 737NG, but you may find that small quantities of fuel may start to be used from the wing tanks when the centre tank quantity gets a bit low.The centre tank fuel pumps are more than twice as powerful as the Wing Tank Boost Pumps and should stop the fuel coming out the wing tanks through backpressure (One-way check valves on the Wing pumps stop the fuel from the Centre Tank being pumped into the wing tanks and also stop fuel coming out of the wing tanks). However, with fuel in the Centre tank at low levels, the effective pressure of the Centre Tank pumps may not be as great as it normally is, allowing some fuel to escape from the wing tanks into the engine manifold.A sudden switchover from centre tank pumps to wing tank pumps may cause a fuel surge.Cheers.Ian.

I see 4290 in one of the wings 4310 in the other and 8540 in the center.Andrew

Guest ba747heavy

>I see 4290 in one of the wings 4310 in the other and 8540 in>the center.Andrew,As you can see, the wing tanks are not full. You can also see that the center tank has fuel. Not the proper way of doing things. I believe the other posts in this thread explain how the fuel is used in the NG :)

Guest amerton

You are experiencing the VNAV alt constraint bug.We are working on an update that corrects this. The problem is that as TOC TOD are computed wrongly, predictions are not possible.Remove your constraints form the LEGS page, and re-input them manually. This workaround should take care of the problem.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

thank you guys1. 737 fuel operations says "center tank is used up first" 2. per-flt was correctly completed. flightplan was imported from FSBUILD 1.41 EHAM-LSZH3. Anthony, thank you. when will this post SU1 fix come?cheers

HiThanks for the replies.I thought so.Best RegardsTed

Hi there,>1. 737 fuel operations says "center tank is used up first" http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg