Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Making a checklist for Flightsimulator itself...

Hi,Every time I want to do a flight for an airliner (so no sightseeing tours) I go through many applications before I finally take off.What I would like to know is your procedures before taking off. How do you prepare yourself? Afterwards we can setup a checklist for newcomers which we can all benefit of. Please adjust the list below or setup a new checklist in order to complete it. This is just a start. My example:1. Origin

Just curious, why do you load both Whazzup and Servinfo ? Don't both programs basically perform the same function ?RegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Basically they provide the same data indeed. Whazzup shows it on a map which makes it easy to me to see crossing planes. Still I do not know how to get in their session so I can see them in from my window. Sometimes I have planes in my session (esp. on an airfield)ServInfo can give me quick overview of the controllers with some additional information when you click on the name. It is more structured information.Within Squawkbox I have to select the ATC first before I get the most important information. Sometimes I do not wish do switch over but want to know the frequencies (ground, approach, etc..)In addition to this: I use a second computer connected with WideFS for S-Combo, FSMeteo, Squawkbox, Whazzup and ServInfo.Regards, Ferry