Sign in to follow this  

Saving / Importing flightplans in FMC

Hi simmers!I've checked 15 previous pages of this forum, to be sure that my question hasn't been asked before:"How can I save or import/restore flightplans in the 737NG FMC?"In the root C:.....flight simulator 9PMDG folder there is a folder called "flightplans", but I don't know how to oprate the FMC properly! Also in the manuals I couldn't find a hint, how to do this!Thanks, any help appreciated!Rene BillianiAUA358

Yeah, I'd like to know how as well... Sure don't see anything regarding this anywhere...Lance

HiThis has been covered before ;-)You can't import flight plans into the FMC. You can however load flight plans in the PMDG format. Be sure to have your flight plan in the PMDGFLIGHTPLANS folder. On the RTE page enter the name of your flight plan (without the dot and extension) in the scratch pad and line select CO RTE (company route) the flight plan is now loaded. To build flight plans in the PMDG format you can either manually create a flight plan using the FMC and save it! Or you can use the freeware (ver 1.4.3), or payware (2.x.y) version of the flight planner FBuild. That software has the capability to export flight plans to PMDG format amongst others.Hope it helps,

Thank you Mats for your helpful hint.I'll try that.See you in the (virtual) skies!Rene BillianiAUA358Virtual Austrian Airlines Group

Guest amerton

To save your current flight plan, go to RTE page, and click the SAVE entry.The route has to be active to be saved.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

I didn't see a "save" uption on the RTE page???? Guess, I'll look again ;-)Lance

Sure you can, but you have to have a program like FSBuild 2 to create the flight plan and have it saved in the proper format for the FMC. FSB will save the flight plan to the PMDGFlightplans folder. It will have a file name of eight characters plus the extension .rte. Then open the FMC, enter the eight character name (do not include the extension) and move it to co route LSK. The flight plan will load into the FMC, but you will probably find that you have to edit it.