Sign in to follow this  

Ground Texture problems with FS2002

Guest Himar777

Hi mates!,Please, forgive me if this question has been posted before.Since FS2002 was released, I've been having a great problem with ground textures in ALL FS2002 default sceneries. Just in a few add-on sceneries I've had the same problem.Please, look at the pictures :-8 :http://fs2002.iespana.es/fs2002/1.jpghttp://fs2002.iespana.es/fs2002/2.jpghttp://fs2002.iespana.es/fs2002/3.jpgSee the taxi line in the following :-hmmm :http://fs2002.iespana.es/fs2002/4.jpgPlease, does anybody know how can I resolve this problem? :-hangThanks a lot!!! :-waveBest,

If you would have stated the location of the pics someone could confirm the problem as FS2002 or your hardware/software.

Guest SD Sim

Hi Himar,I've encountered the same problem before at some of the airports on a recent trip up the west coast (cannot remember which ones anymore). If I remember correctly, the problem usually occurred when I hid the 2D cockpit panel. But it is clearly happening at only select airports on my system.

What you are seeing I believe is a bug with FS2002 at some airports. I have asked this same question several times but no one has the answer. Do me a favor, go to KSPI and taxi around and see if you notice the same effect. Grd textures flashing over concrete. I have seen this with other computers at the same location and it did not seem to mater what the hardware was. I don't know if MS knows of this bug or not. What it looks to me is the altitude of the airport is not correct or flat. When I was adding new airports in FS2000 I noted that if you did not get the correct elavation and flated the area out you would get the same effect.. Wish I had an answer.CPKSPI

This is *very* familiar indeed.I'm having the same issue with several different airports, but not consequent (one is consequent though: LOWI at Gate for Small).Some times you see it, then you don't. Now I seem to have it under control and it has (IMHO) to do with the priority setting in the Scenery Library.I moved some 3rd party sceneries *and* aircraft up in the hierarchy and it was solved when switching back.(so just fiddel around a little with you 3rd party stuff)I fly the 767PIC and had to put that #1 to make sure the 'shimmering' stopped.Now I only have it occasionaly, but not as freqeunt as before.Hope this helps a bit.RichterEHAMB767-PIC

Guest JonP01

It could also have something to do with the FS2002 T&L bug, but the pictures don't quite look like it. Nevertheless, if you think it could be the T&L problem, this is solved by starting a flight, unchecking the T&L checkbox, then going back to your flight, then re-checking the T&L checkbox and returning once again to your flight.

I have this problem at KCVG and KMSP!

This is a known bug that occurs at some FS2002 airports. There may be a list somewhere that catalogs them. If anyone finds such a list, particularly if it includes the fix data, please post the URL here or send me an email. At any rate, there is a solution, although it

It's a flattening problem which I've been able to correct whenever I come across it. Since I'm a scenery designer (of sorts), not too much problem for me. I've uploaded a correction (KMSP_fix.zip) for one site. In another posting I'd asked for a list so I could correct those airports. Normally, only takes a small bgl file. My understanding is that MS won't correct it, so it's left up to us. If all of you would send me a list of the airports that you have this problem with, I'd get right on it and post the fixes. There's over 22,000 airports out there, I don't expect to live long enough to visit them all. E-mail me your airports to pageruthcline@msn.com

Guest Himar777

Thanks ALL of you for your answers :)Best,

Guest PhilC

Would this also correct the dirt taxiways problem? Where concrete taxiways kick up dirt and bounce the plane like you were taxiing on bare ground?

Guest Niels_C

Hello there!I have similar "shimmering" problems with textures on top of buildings.Is it a related problem? Also wouldn't scenery designers be sure toavoid the problem by flattening? I have GB Airports 2002, and sufferterribly from flickering taxiways and runways.Cheers,-Niels Christiansen

Turn off T&L in display settings, "EXIT FS2002" , start the simulator and your flight again.....after this procedure I didn

That's another problem, usually caused by addon scenery. I've caused that error in my own addons and was able to fix them. A small file is required. Let me know which airport.

Guest PhilC

KLVJ has the dirt taxiway problem as you taxi from the fuel to the active or vice-versa.. That's one that I know of. I don't believe I have any add-on scenery for that area.